Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I see you have a bike problem (not problem) too :D
sweet

good on the progress And the engine.
Yes, a 17 Ultra Classic, a 19 Heritage Softail, and the wife's Suzuki C-90 and her Crotch Rocket, Honda F4i. Luckily there is room in the other garage for our trucks. Your project is looking good and I see you have a few scoots of your own !!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yes, a 17 Ultra Classic, a 19 Heritage Softail, and the wife's Suzuki C-90 and her Crotch Rocket, Honda F4i. Luckily there is room in the other garage for our trucks. Your project is looking good and I see you have a few scoots of your own !!!
Maybe a few. :p
yamaha FZ1, Honda Grom, 78 Honda xl100, yamaha tw200, ninja 300 (race bike) and Ducati 996s. :cool:

I like everything on 2 wheels, but I love my speed and/or small. So on that note, I mostly like her “crotch rocket” :D but the cruisers are cool too.

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
OK day three is in the books. Had a few issues. First one was the Sway Bar Links. The video shows just using an Impact tool and the nut comes right off. NOT on my car. I had to use an allen wrench (8mm I believe) and a box wrench. The problem was the shaft and nut just turn together with the Impact driver so I had to use this method (see photo). The other big issue was the rear sub-frame bolts. One was OK the other was rusted solid. had to use a breaker bar to bust it loose. Tomorrow some light work and then get on to dropping the engine.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It's a good thing they put the allen head on it. I've come across others that didn't and you have a heck of a time getting the nut off when they start to spin. You won't really need the sway bar links.

We were fortunate enough to have a tractor with a loader and we lowered the car and all onto a dolly and the lifted the car off of the engine/cradle. Made quick and easy work to separate the two.

Looks like you don't have much more to go. The dash is a lot of fun to get out if you don't have help.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
It's a good thing they put the allen head on it. I've come across others that didn't and you have a heck of a time getting the nut off when they start to spin. You won't really need the sway bar links.

We were fortunate enough to have a tractor with a loader and we lowered the car and all onto a dolly and the lifted the car off of the engine/cradle. Made quick and easy work to separate the two.

Looks like you don't have much more to go. The dash is a lot of fun to get out if you don't have help.
Sounds like a plan. I have a 26HP Kubota with a bucket on the front and will probably do the same thing.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Day-5 Engine is out. Picked up the Donor car on Tuesday & started tearing it down on Wednesday, 22 July. Just got the engine out. I used a different method (no engine lift). I lowered the whole car & engine on to the dolly. Unbolted the engine then raised the front of the car and pulled the engine out. Worked like a charm. Now I have a few decisions. This motor is at 208,000 miles and even though it ran great that is a lot of miles. I am going to pick up a new transmission from DF and I planned to put in a new clutch as well. I am seriously considering a new Long Block as well. ZZ Performance has some very attractive prices.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Day-7 Dash Out. Making steady progress on the tear-down. Completer 5 of the 8 Tear down video's. They are very helpful. Still looking for another option for an engine. Not having much luck finding another engine but the search continues.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Not much car left. Working on removing the main wire harness that runs the full length of the car. Also getting a little painting done starting with the sub-frame. Hey, I found $.12 cents in the car. I wonder who found the most $$ in their donor?

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
eBay has some new crate engines (they're turbos mostly if i recall correctly) but I'm sure they have non turbo models too. You could always buy a 2nd donor and just sell everything else or build a second goblin!

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
eBay has some new crate engines (they're turbos mostly if i recall correctly) but I'm sure they have non turbo models too. You could always buy a 2nd donor and just sell everything else or build a second goblin!
Two Goblins ....... hummmmm? Will take a look on EBAY. Thanks !!!