Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Got my Valve Cover and water pump cover back from Powder-coating. The picture really doesn't do it justice. Looks fantastic. These are the same guys that will be Powder-coating my frame. Spoke to Adam he said to expect my Stage-1 delivery in about a month, 22-26 September. Yeah !!! Getting anxious to get to work. 2nd motor (2.4L) will be here in 2 days. 87K on the clock. Donor motor ran just fine but just had too many miles (over 200K).

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
My header had that too. I let the gasket cover the hole. I think it was emissions stuff.
Just looked closer & that hole is just about 3/8" deep & goes nowhere. Maybe was meant for an alignment pin or something. Also noticed one on the last cylinder too. What threw me was the front one was charred black so I "wrongly" thought it was some sort of exhaust port. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I think as the engine turns it constantly lines up in a different place. If you turn it enough rounds it will eventually line back up in the original installed position. It may take a thousand turns though.

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Did not know that. I am an old small block Chevy guy (18436572). These new engines are pretty much a mystery to me. Learn as you go. Luckily there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here to fall back on.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Those balance shaft sprockets are just a ton of fun to hold in place ain't they.
Yes they are. After putting this together and checking it about 20 times I am 99.999% sure I have it all correct. I even resorted to counting chain links to be extra sure. Not to mention watching the Cloyes installation video on Youtube about 10 times. I sure do miss those 327 Chevy's.