Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
A little confusing. These two plugs are identical. I had the wiring harness off to clean the engine and to wrap it with electrical tape. Based on the color code of the wires the left plug goes to the wiring harness and the other plug goes to the Throttle Body. VERY easy to confuse these.

Attachments

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
A little confusing. These two plugs are identical. I had the wiring harness off to clean the engine and to wrap it with electrical tape. Based on the color code of the wires the left plug goes to the wiring harness and the other plug goes to the Throttle Body. VERY easy to confuse these.
Yep. Our car had the same plug for the headlights as the coils. When we tried to start the car for the first time it wouldn’t fire because I was apparently trying to ignite the headlights. Thankfully I remember the two connections being the same and worried about it so it was one of the first things I checked.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Tires arrived today. Best price was at Walmart of all places, just over $480. Nitto NT555 G2. 245's up front & 275's in the rear. Going with AVID.1 AV06 rims 17 x 9 in matte black. Thanks to Mayor West for the help with a lot of good info on tires & wheels. FedEx threw the tires over my gate and drove off. My gate is about 100 yards from my house. Luckily I was walking the dogs & saw the tires laying there before they were stolen. Hope to have the rims next week. Now wheel spacer is another issue. 8-10 weeks on back-order.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Where are you getting the wheels from?
Discount Tire, Lake City, Florida. They are the closest distributor for AVID.1 wheels. I might have been able to find them cheaper if I waited but there are just not to be had. I have been looking for a while and there just are none (in black) anywhere.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Collapsible steering shaft - My steering shaft would NOT budge (sorry no before pictures). Nothing I did worked including massive amounts of WD40. I finally put one end in a large vice and beat it apart with a hammer & a lot of persuasion. Once separated into two pieces I took some small files and worked on the grooves that the splines fit into. It took about 10 minutes to clean them up. Put it all back together with a generous amount of anti-seize & it now works back and forth with about 20 pounds of force. Repainted & ready to go.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Control Arm - Replaced the Control arm Ball joints. I do not have a hydraulic press so I ground off the three pins that were pressed in then used my monster vice to push them out. Found replacement Ball Joints on Ebay but the supplied bolts were too short. Replaced the bolts with high grade bolts that were 1/2" longer. Ball Joints were made by "Perfect Fit" part #14604183. Should be good to go.

Attachments

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Braum (Elite-R) seats arrived today. Had to open one box. Man they look nice. They recline and come with dual sliders. Should have the 5-Point harnesses in a few days (back-order). Tires are here & wheels are on the way. Spoke to Adam on Monday and the frame (#227) should be here in about 2 weeks.

Attachments

Last edited: