Front and Rear Fender Options??

HI Guys, I'm new to the group and expecting my completed Goblin to be delivered in the next few weeks.

In the meantime I'm looking into a few things that I will need to do the car in order to register it in CA.

-Fenders...
-Emergency Brake install...
-Exhaust Volume reduction...
-CA registration... SB100??

Might as well start with Fenders...

I can't locate DF's Fender kit but have seen images on this forum. Is it still available? Any comments/concerns about the kit? I am running 275's x4 at the moment so that could squash this option. I've attached a quick web image for motorcycle fenders. This could be a decent option but I'd prefer fiberglass or CF if it's reasonably priced. Enough said.

Hoping to add value and make like minded friends here :)

Chris

95Blitz

My plan for finders later on are to take 2 of these cut them off center weld them back together to make them wider. Then use as a mold to lay either fiberglass or carbon fiber to form the finder.

ATMironov

My plan for finders later on are to take 2 of these cut them off center weld them back together to make them wider. Then use as a mold to lay either fiberglass or carbon fiber to form the finder.
Where in CA are you?

The DF wide fenders will cover 245s. So for 275 you need to either widen them or find something else.

Sound shouldn't be a problem if you are using the DF supplied exhaust.

jaredthenav

Captfrank2001 adapted the DF wide fenders to wider tires by channeling them and adding a strip of fiberglass to the middle. Look for his build log.

Thanks Guys! I'm in Los Gatos, CA basically between Santa Cruz and San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Can anyone confirm that the DMV/CHP require Fenders on a 1600 lb. vehicle?

I have been reading a number of disturbing posts about CARB clamping down on these "Turnkey Roller" vehicles that are being sold minus the Drivetrain. I'm pretty sure that's not the situation any of us are in as these cars are built-not bought. Personally I ran thru the SB100 process back in 2007 with my Ultima and it was straight forward. It does sound like you don't get your "Sequence" number until AFTER the car has been thru the B&L testing and CHP inspection.....

The windshield is a whole-nother thing. We'll deal with that as it comes.

ATMironov

Thanks Guys! I'm in Los Gatos, CA basically between Santa Cruz and San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Can anyone confirm that the DMV/CHP require Fenders on a 1600 lb. vehicle?

I have been reading a number of disturbing posts about CARB clamping down on these "Turnkey Roller" vehicles that are being sold minus the Drivetrain. I'm pretty sure that's not the situation any of us are in as these cars are built-not bought. Personally I ran thru the SB100 process back in 2007 with my Ultima and it was straight forward. It does sound like you don't get your "Sequence" number until AFTER the car has been thru the B&L testing and CHP inspection.....

The windshield is a whole-nother thing. We'll deal with that as it comes.
Awesome,
I'm in San Francisco.

I run Norther California Racing Club. When you get the car up and running we will have to get you out on the track!

I believe fenders are required, but am not 100% sure.

ATMironov

I didn't even realize that you had the AIM unit and were in SF. What are the odds....

View attachment 28929

This is what was suggested to me by the Ultima Community.
So I'm using the AIM MXG which has a different set of inputs compared to the MXS Strada.
Check out my Post in the Digital Dash thread, HERE.
I posted a full set of my "wiring diagrams" for how I'm connecting it.

Looks great with that Wrap!

Do you have the 245 wide fenders front and rear??

I ordered the 245's today with hardware from the factory. 520$ I may channel and widen each fender if these look too small for the 275's

Indy Lonnie

Do you have the 245 wide fenders front and rear??
Just in the rear. The rear fenders are the large - "for 245's". They fit like a glove. Be sure to account for the diameter of the tire as well as the width. My 205 fronts fenders do not match the diameter of my front tires. They look OK, but not as good as as the rears. The rears are tight - maybe 3/8" clearance. No rubbing issues. I love them!
The fronts stand off a little since I went with a tiny 205/50R15, smaller diameter tire than stock.. The rear tires are 255/40R17 - the same diameter as the donor Cobalt SS.
I went with the staggered big - little look.
IMG_4456 (2).JPG
IMG_4466.JPG