Front left mount point for dropping engine missing

KingChuck24

So we were attempting to figure out today where we would need to mount the hoist for dropping the engine on Monday. We have the mount on the rear right of the engine but just not the one in front. Might the aftermarket turbo be the thing that removed it. Any ideas on other ways to drop it. There are two different threaded holes that we could possibly bolt onto.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Set it on a cart and lift the car off of it. Much easier. you can even cut the front part of the frame and roll it out without lifting the car so high. I didn’t think of doing this until later.

and a side note, that belt looks horrible.

B4B285BE-391F-4BB9-A45E-6DF64081814F.jpeg
89C35459-83CA-4417-8DF3-9A2A0C60D854.jpeg
8B6FF759-E443-4C79-8EA3-5888534F864E.jpeg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Bolts? Chains? No….

Just a strap will do…….

;)

Set it on a cart and lift the car off of it. Much easier. you can even cut the front part of the frame and roll it out without lifting the car so high. I didn’t think of doing this until later.

View attachment 34452View attachment 34453View attachment 34454

KingChuck24

View attachment 34452View attachment 34453View attachment 34454
Ok thanks for the suggestion I think we will try that. Also we are aware of the belt being in a terrible condition and we will replace that.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
You could pull one of the three transmission mount bolts (left side of your photo) and go to that point.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I am with @Rttoys: cut the front radiator cross member and slide it out the front.

Joe

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
It may be that he’s trying to guide it down onto a dolly. I lifted my engine out and it was a pain, even with cutting the front cross member. I also recommend the dropping down method just as I can’t see this being harder than lifting as we did.