Front MAP Sensor Plug

Adam in CLE

I was redoing the wiring (making it look pretty) and in video 26 on the new build videos, I removed the AC and fan wires but found the MAP sensor wires are hanging on by a couple of strands and will need to figure out plan B. Any one have any ideas / inventory of another connector? Also looking to find out what it actually connects to as I don't recall when I pulled the donor apart.

As always, thanks for the help.

Adam in CLE

So I took a look and there appears to be a different connector for an 09 turbo. Anyone else have ideas where I can source one? Google and rockauto have left me with nothing.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Technical name from GM
You can sometimes find them under the oem number. Depending on the condition of the body of the plug you might be able to find the terminals under that part number.

Attachments

Adam in CLE

Appreciate the help! Dumb question...there is a MAF sensor on top of the engine near the valve cover and has to be moved 5" or so. This one is located on the non turbo side to the motor. Is it used and if so for what? Also, the intercooler water pump, where is that supposed to get power from?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Also, the intercooler water pump, where is that supposed to get power from?
In the wiring harness videos, a key-on power wire and a ground wire get extended for the IC pump.

Even some of us LSJ folks extended one by following the videos even though we already have one in our harness. lol

Adam in CLE

That would make sense. I finished the harness but wasn't thinking about it. Hopefully I did it. Sometimes if my head wasn't attached, I would be screwed.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Maf sensor is located between the airfilter and turbo in the intake tube. And is used. Not real sure if that is what you are referring to though.
Appreciate the help! Dumb question...there is a MAF sensor on top of the engine near the valve cover and has to be moved 5" or so. This one is located on the non turbo side to the motor. Is it used and if so for what? Also, the intercooler water pump, where is that supposed to get power from?

Last edited:

Adam in CLE

Thanks Gtstorey. I am referring ot the MAP sensor connector. Mine has seen a better day and the replacement is $65. Was trying to see if it is used and if so, if anyone has a line on a less expensive option.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The LNF has two MAP sensors. A three wire MAP that goes into the intake manifold and a 4 wire MAP/Temp sensor that the service manual call Turbo Charger Boost Pressure Sensor (on the HP Tuner forum it is referred to as Low-Res Boost sensor or something similar) that is in the intake pipe. I think that the GM stage kits came with replacement 3 wire sensors for both so it is possible that you have a 3 wire where the original had a 4 wire.