Front Rotor Dimension or Part Number?

ccgillett

As some might know, I bought Chassis #13 as a work in progress. This is a standard-length race chassis, turbo-charged LNF engine, 2008 SS/TC donor

The prior owner put the gigantic Brembo front brakes on the car. Two issues there: (1) I think the car will be massively over-braked with that setup; (2) the rotor/caliper combination will not clear the wheel setup I want to use.

Included with the parts came Duralast calipers, part number 18-B4880 and 18-B4881. From other threads I believe these to be (a) the correct calipers to run on on the front of the car, and (b) they are the stock caliper for the non-SS models.

These calipers readily bolt right on with no issues. But the rotors that came with the car are massive and won't fit with these calipers.

Does anybody have a part number or specs for the rotors so I can order the right parts?

Note that I have 5x114.3 hubs on this car right now. I failed to mention this in the first draft of this post.

Here's a picture of what I have, which again I think is way to much brake for a car this weight:

and here are the calipers I believe I should be using:

Any help with rotor sizing or part numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

ccgillett

From this post, I see the donor car for brakes. The rotors for a 2007-10 Chevy Cobalt (base 2.2 liter engine) are available in both 4 and 5 lug patterns.
Sorry, I forgot a critical data point: I have 5x114.3 hubs on this car - I'm assuming standard 5 lug will not fit. Apologies for being confusing.