Front suspension Video where is it?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Actually May I confirm that these need to be replaced with the shorter ones that came in the kit or do the short ones get used in the back?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Another where dose it go picture? There are two of them I might assume for the front shocks?

Scott #321

I believe those are the adapters for using the donor coilovers on the rear. If you purchased coilovers from df you will not need them. Someone should verify this information.

Scott #321

I believe the part you are questioning is shown in this pic above this spring. I purchased the coilover kit from df and these were also included in my kit I just didn't use them.
old-rear.jpeg.jpg

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the reply but the Coil-overs supplied by DFK in my kit are different than what is shown in your picture and use a different component.

Scott #321

The picture refers to using the donors struts. I had the same pieces in my kit and didn't use them figuring they were there for the base kit but not excluded when upgrades were selected. I also received the small clamp kit for mounting the fuse box even though my frame had been built with the welded tab that made the mounting kit unnecessary.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks, My bad, I didn’t see the text that got wrapped to the bottom because the photo was pasted inline,

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Thanks Brett, based on this photo the red arrow points to bolts I had coming in from the other side which seem that the threads of the bolts may have interfered with the shock bracket?

I also moved down to both blue lower mounting holes?

I'm getting ready to go through my front suspension and alignment after putting over 1,000 miles on my build. I have my steering arm set up as pictured but I'm not sure that's ideal. I'm sure to ask extent it's unavoidable with the weight of a Goblin but my car steers very differently with a passenger in it. I don't feel the car has a ton of bump steer but I want to cycle the suspension travel without the shock and spring to really see what it's doing. The closest to a conclusive answer I've gotten on the question of how to set it up is to get the tie rod end as low as possible, which I don't think it is when the steering arm is set in the bottom two holes. It'll never sit parallel to both control arms as they aren't parallel to each other.

You can definitely get it driving, and driving well, installed as pictured, but I'm going to be looking into whether my build been drive better set up differently.

Sorry for my rant!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
One subtlety not mentioned often is corner balancing. We set up our springs per DF instructions. But, we do not know just how much weight is on each corner without a set of four scales. It can easily vary several hundred pounds on a corner which will have an affect on the fine handling characteristics.
And yes, a 200 lb passenger definitely changes the handling and feel.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
On to a question regarding front?

I’m assuming this flat ring goes at the top under the black piece?

And the following is from the mounting hardware bag, why is there only 6 spacers?

Ross

Goblin Guru
One washer at the top, where the yellow arrow points. The black oval is just the paint scraped off by a socket. The gray rectangle is for my tow bar.

Two washers at the bottom