Front wing supports?

Indy Lonnie

I was thinking about attaching some angle iron to the front radiator support and extending it out in front of the radiator to mount a front wing. What size angle iron (or aluminum) do you think I will need? 1" x 1" or 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". I don't want to go bigger that 1-1/2". I was thinking about doing something like how Justin Reed mounted his front wing in front of the radiator. I was going to go with a Nine Lives Racing wing - possibly dual element.
I just purchased the rear wing and would like to do the front as well.

Justinreed7 received_740778386435372 (1).JPG

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Lonnie, if you could create a structural triangle somehow, you could go with a smaller size angle piece. I would expect the wing will generate less downforce than what you weigh, so if it is strong enough to stand on it (don't bounce) it should be able support the downforce. I believe you are doing track duty only(?), that wing is a must!

Indy Lonnie

The front radiator mount is already triangulated. I was going to bolt the angle iron to the lower portion of the radiator brace. Cantilever out the angle iron and bolt the wing to it. I will need to notch the front fiberglass just a bit.
My build is for daily use, and some track. I put about 300 miles on it this week... while in isolation with my family.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Do you have the new or old style radiator mount? Also ninelives said they’d make the mounts on top of the wing when I asked aka swan mount. Prob would be better for front.

Tinkles

I'm planning on having a flat piece of steel cut and drilled to fit and bolt to the front bolts of the upper and lower control arms. Then probably more flatstock coming off of that and mounting under the wing. I really haven't focused on ironing everything out with it yet, because I have need to focus on other things with it ATM.

Indy Lonnie

Do you have the new or old style radiator mount? Also ninelives said they’d make the mounts on top of the wing when I asked aka swan mount. Prob would be better for front.
I have the newer, detachable front radiator support.

KSLunsfo

Also ninelives said they’d make the mounts on top of the wing when I asked aka swan mount. Prob would be better for front.
I'm interested to see that compared to the underside mount. I've been thinking of setting the radiator mount and hood in place to begin plans for a front wing myself. I'm fortunate enough to still have a bare uncoated frame to work with.