Front wing - WOW

dastrups

Just upgraded the front wing mounts to 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle. Much better. I can stand on it and bounce. The suspension will compress before the mount flexes.

I love the feel of the steering now. I can hear the front tires “singing” at speed with the added downforce.
I also bought the same front wing but my mounts are spaced at 18” for some reason. Did you request 16 1/2? I like your mounting setup but it looks like it wouldn’t work for 18”. Cool to hear you were able to use aluminum. I just figured aluminum would be too flimsy. Also good to hear you can truly feel the difference.

Attachments

dastrups

I was actually able to find some 3” x 4” x 1/4” angle aluminum online just now. That should do it I think. Went a little thicker since I will have a wider space to cover and I imagine that creates more stress on the angled aluminum. I didn’t get a gurney flap for the front but considering it now. Have you taken it to a track and noticed an improvement in front end grip?

Indy Lonnie

Did you request 16 1/2?
I did ask for the mounts to be welded at that measurement. I'm sure you can make 18" work.
I have not been to a track since installing - life has gotten in the way. I have driven it at least 500+ miles and can tell the difference. I went over some huge speed bumps yesterday without scraping.
The mount should be fairly straight forward.
FYI - I had to space the rear of the mount down with a few washers to get the rake out of the mount (my rear ride-height is more than the front). I didn't want to amplify the rake because of the low front ground clearance. I also used some quick set epoxy putty to take up the slack/space between the aluminum angle and the support. The epoxy helped a bunch with the flex of the angle before I went with the thicker aluminum angle. I just waxed the radiator support and the mount still comes off easily.
Please share your results!

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Does it fit with the body on?
Not with the DF body. From the looks and shape of the DF nose, fitting tightly around the radiator, I dont think you could modify it and have it still look good with my front wing mount.
I had designed the front wing mount to work with the body/nose that I'm working on. Currently in C.A.D.