Fuel Injectors

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Fellow Goblin Builders,

I'm trying to decide on what fuel injectors to purchase for my LSJ. I have the following mods:
- ZZP Shorty Header
- 2.9 SC Pulley
- LS4 throttle body with ported supercharger
- I'll run 93 octane gas

I came across this thread which makes me question purchasing the Siemens 60# injectors:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/injector-basics-lsj-300942/index2.html

Basically the thread starter says the Bosch EV14 590cc are better because they have a dual cone spray pattern.

Suggestions or thoughts about which ones to purchase for my application?

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
My current injectors are stock and therefore are 34#. From everything I've read, 34# will not keep up with a LS4 throttle body, ported SC and 2.9 pulley.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Jeff, that was a great article.
The Bosch injectors listed in that article are $206, I think you will need the free EV1 electrical pigtails, so request those too.
Now I have started a performance parts list for when I get to that stage... want to get a body on my goblin first.
I found that these guys have a bunch of injectors for our engines, with the split injector pattern.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The article mentioned "You have to use an adapter on the nozzle to make it work, but many injector shops have this adapter"
I really wish he mentions which adapter, as all I can find online is electrical adapters to match the wiring harness.
Electrical adapters are not "on the nozzle".
Do you understand what the needed adapter is?

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
The article mentioned "You have to use an adapter on the nozzle to make it work, but many injector shops have this adapter"
I really wish he mentions which adapter, as all I can find online is electrical adapters to match the wiring harness.
Electrical adapters are not "on the nozzle".
Do you understand what the needed adapter is?
Yes, it is this adapter to make sure the injector fits snug into the fuel injector insulator. The injector can fit on many different cars, so different adapters allow for differ size injector openings. I found out these are called height adapters.

Last edited:

TravMac

Hey Jeff,

I use the Siemens #80 injectors with E85 running a fairly stock rest of the setup in my SS. To be completely honest, I don't think you'll see/feel much of a difference without a dyno comparison of the 2 you're looking at. Maybe try them both? Even then, the power difference may be in the noise anyways. Anyhow, with E85, I use a ton more fuel than 93, and I still only use a fraction of what my #80'sare capable of (part of that was in order to do some of the other upgrades you have done, ha!). I'm sure the #60's would work well for you, but if you want more expert advice, I'd get in touch with ZZP. They seem to be a good group to work through and get parts from in my experience. Plus they seem to really know these platforms well for adding power.

TravMac

Ross

Goblin Guru
Ecotec injectors
TODAY AND TOMORROW ONLY
VALENTINE'S DAY SALE

Feb 13-14
We're sending a little love your way!
14% OFF

CODE: LOVE14

Bosch injectors:
60 lb injectors (630cc),
82 lb injectors (870cc),
1000cc injectors
1200cc injectors
1300cc injectors

They also have Siemens Deka injectors, but they will "wall wash" on our engines, so I recommend the Bosch ones if you can afford them.
250 lb (2600cc) injectors Wow! What engine runs these???

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ross,

What did you end up getting? I've got the Siemens DEKA 60lbs already but thinking about changing to the split.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have the Bosch 82 lb injectors (870cc),
which are going in with my winter "pull the engine" build, along with the 2.9" SC pulley, and a new GMPP clutch.
So basically I haven't run them yet, but will be tuning in the spring.