Full body - project start idea discussion

MX184

My goblin build kinda started backwards from most. One our neighbors in the warehouse complex I work at was throwing away this body. I dug it out of the dumpster after getting permission from the owner and proceeded to scour the internet to find a suitable chassis that I can tag. The Goblin is within one inch in wheel base! I'll start a build thread once I actually start building. Even though I've taken delivery of my stage 1 I am still ripping apart my donor cobalt. I have no idea if this is gonna work or if it'll look decent until I start laying the body around chassis. But I foresee lots of time with a sawzall and fiberglass in my future, lol.

Attachments

Lndshrk Steve

Realize that in formula cars and spec racers there is no seat. You might have a plastic shell, but it sits on the floor pan and you are reclined at a 45 degree angle or more. Most spec racers just have an aluminum back rest that drivers MAY pad a little. If you put a regular seat in it, it looks like you're in an amusement park ride, sitting straight up.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
My goblin build kinda started backwards from most. One our neighbors in the warehouse complex I work at was throwing away this body. I dug it out of the dumpster after getting permission from the owner and proceeded to scour the internet to find a suitable chassis that I can tag. The Goblin is within one inch in wheel base! I'll start a build thread once I actually start building. Even though I've taken delivery of my stage 1 I am still ripping apart my donor cobalt. I have no idea if this is gonna work or if it'll look decent until I start laying the body around chassis. But I foresee lots of time with a sawzall and fiberglass in my future, lol.

View attachment 27862

View attachment 27863
Is it a Thunder Roadster body? Looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

MX184

Realize that in formula cars and spec racers there is no seat. You might have a plastic shell, but it sits on the floor pan and you are reclined at a 45 degree angle or more. Most spec racers just have an aluminum back rest that drivers MAY pad a little. If you put a regular seat in it, it looks like you're in an amusement park ride, sitting straight up.
Good looking out! I'll probably have a 100 different things that I'm going to run into like that building something unique. Funny, I was looking at a sprintcar style kirkey seat today on facebook marketplace wondering if it would fit. One of the manufacturers of the car this body is intended for is about an hour north of me. I'll drop in some time to see what they use for seats.

Is it a Thunder Roadster body? Looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
It is! :)