FX1 wide seat unable to install

Scott #321

I'm attempting to install my seats. I purchase the wide corbeau seat and it appears to be too wide for the mount provided. Am I missing something or install something wrong?
I have the FX1 (Mid width) and had to loosely attach everything then tighten down. Not sure if the actual FX1 wide will fit or not.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I believe you need a baseplate or something. I don't think they bolt right to the frame, do they?

Edit- Never mind, I see it. The sides mounts bolt to the seat.

Same as???
I think the FX1 Pro and FX1 are different widths, hence the two floor slots. I would expect the wider seat to be that much wider.
DF told me if i ordered from them or corbeau it would be the same seat. They would just send the mounting bracket.

Goblinfanclub1234

I had to use the Corbeau seat sliders to mount my Baja XP seats, ended up drilling the sliders to move the seats 1" towards the outside of the car for both seats to make everything fit right and have clearance for the parking brake

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I can confirm that the corbeau FX1 wide do NOT fit. I bought a used set with the description of being the standard FX1. Confirmed with a lot of fitting that the only way to get them to fit is to mount them very high off the floor (+4"). I sold them for what I paid and found a set of used Sparco seats instead.

DF sells the Standard and the FX1 pro which is the narrow seat.

Joe

Tinkles

I also found out the hard way that the FX1 Wides seats won't fit. We only have ~20" of room between the "door" and center tunnel. For the husky fellows I believe our only options are Kirkeys or Kirkey knock offs.

Indy Lonnie

I have the Corbeau wide seats installed in mine. I ordered mine through DF. They were shipped from the factory. I had to redrill the mounting holes fit the brackets and slightly message the seat fiberglass in order to get them to fit. The shoulder supports at the top center actually touch in the center and at the door bars. there is no room for the emergency brake - although I have never really needed one. I just carry a pair of wheel chocks.
The seats are REALLY comfortable. When I had it dynoed, the guy complemented the seats over and over.
I’m 6’2” and 275+/- lbs. They are great. My girls are 120ish pounds and the work for them too.

Last edited:

Indy Lonnie

Here is a shot where the seat mounts to the bracket. It’s hard to see because the seat is so reflective. It’s tight in there. I think I also had to drill a relief in the seat for the seatbelt bolt on the outside side…. Get some gloss and flat black fingernail polish. It will be you best friend for covering blemishes and fixes.
The second shot is how much I moved over the seat bracket. I definitely remember bending and tweaking the seat rails with a crescent wrench to get everything to fit. You can see the bend to the outside in the pic. It took a whole day to get them to fit. They were in and out dozens of times.
The next two are that the seats barely fit and touch on both sides.
CD932415-F936-4876-9BA4-7703E3F4E335.jpeg
A951D368-66C8-46A4-AB45-1402A68F54D8.jpeg
56854DD0-582E-481B-A6EA-49ABFBE36AE9.jpeg
0D946799-4638-41BF-832C-B8D6E04D9606.jpeg

Last edited: