Gearjammer’s City Goblin – 06 SS/SC G85

Dsteinhorst

I put any parts that would fit into the garbage bin. Took a few big ones to our dumpster at work, and sent the really big stuff with the shell. I had parts for sale for a while, but didnt get any bites. I felt lucky to get rid of my shell. Only thing I got money for was the cat.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My donor was just about free after what I sold off of it. I still have a few thing to sell.
Where did you find results when advertising parts? Craigslist? Facebook marketplace?
Any suggestions on how to find a price for each item?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Where did you find results when advertising parts? Craigslist? Facebook marketplace?
Any suggestions on how to find a price for each item?
I sold everything on the Facebook cobalt pages and marketplace. For prices I just compared to car-part.com junkyard prices and searched older facebook listings. Anything odd like the core support I cut off for someone i just told them make an offer on.
$475 most of the interior, $280 Hood fender headlight and core support, $140 wheels, $100 each bumper, $100, wing, then tons of $20-50 random parts stock intake, front swaybar, interior trim pieces, etc.

gearjammer

Thanks guys! I am up to over $1300 selling parts mostly on Facebook marketplace. Just was not sure about what to do with stuff that does not sell, I have some idea what to do with those now.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
All I have left is a rogue front passenger fender and a pair of outside coupe taillights, from my two donors. I wasn't patient enough to get rid of them, so they sit in the corner of my garage. :(

gearjammer

Trying to get the engine clean...so much corrosion. I think I am just going to get the grease off and call it good. Took a closer look at my flywheel and noticed two cracked areas. Some parts are on their way and then I can begin the process of putting the engine back together. Really need to start on the wire harness too.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ooh, that's not good. Small cracks eventually become big cracks and when they are on rotating assemblies with lots of kinetic energy they can potentially cause all sorts of secondary damage if they fail. We're you going to replace the clutch? Would highly advise a flywheel replacement too, to be safe. :)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The block may not be shiny, but you got it very clean! I did the same and did not paint any engine parts. Looks good when complete.
Carry on!

ToxicBill

Yeah, I cleaned mine the best I could with a pressure washer and a wire brush. It wasn't perfect, but more than enough for me

gearjammer

I really wanted to paint the valve cover and supercharger. The valve cover I can get sand blasted...the supercharger I probably shouldn’t unless I gut it before hand (sand always finds a way in). This is as clean as I can get it. Maybe the paint will stick?

Murcielago311

Mine looked similar after wire wheel work and brake cleaner wipe down. I used dupli-color ceramic engine spray paint and was really impressed with coverage and strength. Even hit my track bike with it using the extra cans. Go for it!
If you're going to blast the valve cover, just know that reattaching the baffles is a pain. Dealing with that now.

Attachments

Parson Green

Mine looked similar after wire wheel work and brake cleaner wipe down. I used dupli-color ceramic engine spray paint and was really impressed with coverage and strength. Even hit my track bike with it using the extra cans. Go for it!
If you're going to blast the valve cover, just know that reattaching the baffles is a pain. Dealing with that now.
Nice paint job!

Total-coverage look is way easier to achieve (with way less paint) when silver is the color of choice. (Gotta first get the grease and crud off, though. Tedious but worth it.)

Excellent view, btw, of a gutted AC compressor.

gearjammer

Chassis #207 arrived home today! Delivery from Stewart Transport went really smoothly. Everything is looking pretty good upon first inspection.

Attached the aluminum flywheel And upgraded GM pressure plate/clutch/TOB. Also replaced the water pump and cam sensor housing sea. Will clean out the intake manifold next and attach the new dual pass endplate. All the other components should go back on pretty quick after that.