Gearjammer’s City Goblin – 06 SS/SC G85

Goblin Graber

Just popped mine off, I have that wire too...but it has no continuity with any of the ground lugs....looks like I have some I in-taping to do.
While you’re back there un taping here’s a couple things to consider. I plan on running a third brake light, so I added another ground wire back there to tape up with the blue third brake light wire.

The other thing is you don’t need the circuit for the intercooler pump that Lonny has you add back there. That will already be part of your engine harness on an LSJ.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I was at the exact same spot in the videos and went whoops. Must have messed something up.

just went and popped the covers off mine to see if I could tell you which one it was I had to fix. Couldn’t see a splice in any of them but I’m pretty sure it was this bigger black wire on the right side in the middle.
View attachment 18473
I think that black wire went to the wiper motor and that is why it was cut out.

gearjammer

Yep...that is not going to work very well as a ground. Not sure what I was thinking, but this clears up my open issue with the ground from the fuse box. Thanks again Graber!

Goblin Graber

Yep...that is not going to work very well as a ground. Not sure what I was thinking, but this clears up my open issue with the ground from the fuse box. Thanks again Graber!View attachment 18482
Don’t thank me. I just made you untape something for nothing. Lonny said that’s not the one he is talking about and that one is not needed. The one he is talking about is coming out of the tan fuse block plug.

gearjammer

I didn’t see Lonny’s post before I put mine up. I wil remove the wiper ground at the multi plug.

I have the wire at the fuse box that Lonny shows a picture of.

still a bit confused...in video 6 part6 you solder the ABS ground lug to the fuel pump ground, coolant tank ground, and fuse box ground. I am guessing this just means there is a ground wire coming from the fuse box area...but I don’t have this one.

gearjammer

You had me worried there for a minute. My harness does not have a big black wire in that connector in F2. Mine only has a thin black wire on B2. Schematic makes it seem like that big ground wire’s an LNF only thing. Other cars should have the small ground wire. Is that correct?View attachment 18481View attachment 18483
I have the large black wire at F2, it goes to the fuse box ground lug..my donor is a 2006 LSJ.

gearjammer

Sorry @Ark :D , not too much to speak of. I received stage 2 on March 15th. Several pieces from stage 2 are out getting powder coat now. We had a few days in a row of warm weather so most of my time has been spent outside cleaning up from winter and getting ready for spring. Thanks for the nudge, I plan to get going again on the project in a week or so.

The goblin is already getting lots of attention, the UPS guy was delivering tires for my wife's minivan and started asking her about the goblin. I feel like I owe him a ride after it is drivable since he delivered many of the non-freight parts.

gearjammer

Got around to installing the subframe, solid mounts, control arms, button panels, most of the steering column. My powder coater coated the spline on the steering wheel bracket...so I might just look at upgrading to that new DF quick disconnect unit. Also painted the brake calipers...they turned out darker than I had expected, but it will work. Also threw the uprights together.