Georgia Registration

Greetings! I'm in the final stages of assembly of #282, Extended, city, auto. Donor was a 2009 LT, automatic. Build has been flawless so far.....sorry; no build log.
Took delivery in Red Oak, TX on 14May21. First start was 22Nov21. It will be emissions compliant for the Atlanta Metro area.

I'm wondering if there are any "closet Goblin builders" in the Georgia or the Atlanta metro area? My next steps will be bumpers and remaining GA specific safety items. I have concerns about the safety inspection due to lack of a laminated glass windshield/wipers. I have zero intention of installing a glass windshield and intend to utilize the extended polycarbonate windshield purchased from Dfkitcar.

Other than the Montana registration option, does anyone have any other suggestions if the inspector takes a hard line and follows the GA book to the letter?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you're registering in Montana, Georgia can't make you comply with their local requirements. So no emissions, no glass windshield, no wipers,, no bumpers, nothing added beyond what you received in your kit from DF. You may want to look into this further if the local requirements are overwhelming - there are lots of threads on the forum discussing the Montana registration process. :D And congrats on getting your Goblin assembled and ready for some street time!

Joebob

Goblin Guru
My loophole for Texas is you have to have wipers if you have a windshield. Windshields are not require and if no windshield, no wiper check. Got ASE inspected with the windshield off. I am also trying to be emissions compliant but having a hard time getting the CAT and EVAP monitors to check and clear before the safety and emissions inspection. 100 miles of NOT illegally driving later and still not there yet. Darn thing won't coast to a stop.

Joe

Tired of struggling with Georgia and registered in Montana. #282 is now road legal! It is a blast to drive and was worth the extra effort to make it "Wife Approved" (Auto and adjustable seats)

Got some real world feedback regarding ground clearance the other day. Apparently, my Goblin can "almost" clear a dead armadillo. Just a couple minor scuffs......lesson learned

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Got some real world feedback regarding ground clearance the other day. Apparently, my Goblin can "almost" clear a dead armadillo. Just a couple minor scuffs......lesson learned
I had the same piece of real-world feedback recently, except it was a dead groundhog, not an armadillo.
:confused: