Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Thank you! I have been a lurker for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. I'm sure ill have a lot of questions along the way.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
We've figured out nearly every ineffective way to build a Goblin so you don't have to repeat our mistakes ;)

Feel free to start a build thread, then update your signature with your build info. Ask questions and post your progress and we'll do our best to answer them and notice if you've done anything wrong!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Yep, it helps to have your donor info in your signature and in the title to your build log if that is where you are going to ask questions. The signature doesn't show up when viewing on a phone.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
All updated as of right now. I need to win the lotto. The funds aren't as big as the mod list will allow lol

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
All updated as of right now. I need to win the lotto. The funds aren't as big as the mod list will allow lol
Add the year of your donor also. I don't know all of the ends and outs of the SC version, but there might be some slight differences depending on year.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Off the top of my head the 2007 is a little bit different electrically from the 05/06 but otherwise they are similar enough. That would be very important if/when the time came for electrical troubleshooting.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yes. Physically they are the same, but programming is different from 05-06 and 07.

welcome to the club.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
So with the Donor that I am looking at, does a side impact matter too much? It looks like it was centered between the wheels, to where the trans and front parts would be ok.

Ross

Goblin Guru
That looks like a good donor to me. Even a well rolled Cobalt has been used. Both of my donor cars were hit in the front, still worked well. I did have to buy a $30 map sensor and a new $20 intercooler filler, but those were cheap. The broken Cobalt engine mount wasn't needed.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
I think the main thing is to minimize or eliminate any front end damage since 90% or more of what you use is from there.
I guess the ideal donor wreck is one that is rear ended or T-boned towards the rear.
But, as has been mentioned, some front damage can be dealt with, or just source any affected parts from the bone yard.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Side and rear impact SS Cobalts are ideal donors - won't ever be on the street again as a Cobalt and (usually) everything you need for your donor parts are intact and usable. My donor was a rear side impact, very similar to the one you've looking at, and it was a great donor. :D