Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The lumpy idle may be related to the lack of data communication. When I changed out the EPS and didn't have the end resistor on the data wires it would start and sort of run but couldn't read from the OBD2 reliably.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Check for continuity on pins 1 and 2 of your OBDII port. If there’s continuity, CONGRATS! You made the same mistake as the vast majority of us SS/SC donors (including myself) and tied the communication pin on the OBDII port to the GMLAN. Pin 2 on the OBDII port should go to PCM C1 pin 16

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
In doing some more research, I plugged the after-cat O2 sensor into the header and not the pre-cat sensor. I'm sure that's not helping with the lumpy idle, I'm thinking the computer is really confused at this moment.

It was the only O2 sensor that was in the car when I got it and probably explained the CEL originally.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The pre cat o2 and post cat o2 have different connectors.

pre cat o2 is female (male on engine harness)
post cat o2 is male (female on engine harness)
94D8D285-F66A-460E-B768-E8BA36717E9B.jpeg

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Check for continuity on pins 1 and 2 of your OBDII port. If there’s continuity, CONGRATS! You made the same mistake as the vast majority of us SS/SC donors (including myself) and tied the communication pin on the OBDII port to the GMLAN. Pin 2 on the OBDII port should go to PCM C1 pin 16

Guess what I have... hit the nail on the head. Continuity at pins 1 and 2.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Didn’t get a chance to do much on the goblin today. Got the horn installed lol. Been having some mower issues and finally got that sorted, so I had to do lots of mowing today. Got the yard done and a path on the new land done. No more long grass for the ticks.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Big day today.

I fixed my idle issue (lesson is to use your brain).
Traced out my OBD green wire and got that settled out. One of my smarter moves while temporarily taping the harness to get it in the car I taped to the point where all of the labels on the wiring were and left those exposed. Easy to trace a wire that way. The only check engine codes that I have are three evap codes.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Got the title in the mail from the state yesterday! I made the call to my insurance company to see what they say. I also called the lady that CaptFrank used. They were fast on the quote, $749 for full coverage for the year. I doubt my insurance will be able to match it but we will see. Once I see what my insurance says I will go get my plate!! Real question

I’m trying to make more progress on the goblin. I have the tunnel caps set in place and ran the shifter cables. I installed the rear trans mount that I forgot to install before. Unfortunately I am missing the Bellcrank arm from the shifter out of my kit and that will keep me from driving the car. Both that and the button panels that are on back order right now. My seat mounts are supposed to show up today in the mail which will be perfect timing. I’m going to try to get the emergency brake/cables, seats/harnesses installed this weekend.

snirtman

Well today is a day of mixed emotions.

Start with the bad:

First fire up and she cranked right over!!! I was shocked! I plugged in the fuel pump and primed it then the car struggled to fire up but eventually took off. Then it died….. found a ground I missed and tried again. Fired up and ran rough, so I gave it a tap on the throttle and the revs went up and seemed smooth. It just has a lumpy idle. Help?

Not sure how to post a video to show.

Secondly I think I made the rookie mistake and crossed some wires because I am not getting any readings from the OBD port. I know @Ross probably knows what mistake I made. I have been trying to do some research on it.

Now for the good:

View attachment 33057

Once my total comes in I will be able to go get my plate
Maybe this has been discussed previously (I know I've seen it in other threads), but did your inspector waive Michigan's glass windshield and wiper requirement?

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I had the windshield on when he came by, but no wiper. He made mention of the wiper and lack of bumpers. He just stated that if someone from the state asks, I’ve added them since he came out. He did take pictures of the car before he left though.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Im officially Insured and will be going to the Secretary of State tomorrow at 9am for my plate. So exciting to be nearing the driving stage of the build. I have a little bit of work to get done before ill be able to drive it though. My list includes:

Fill the brakes and the clutch, bleed and repeat.
Get parts from DF that are on back order, ie Shifter bell crank so i can install the shifter.
Finish installing the seats/belts.
a bunch of little ods and ends to button up

Now thinking of my plate, do I go custom? Open for other suggestions as well and attached are the pics that I took for the insurance company since I know we all love pics!

All are available:
GBLN383
GHSTKFE (Ghostknife)
WA2SLOW (Way too Slow)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Go Michigan!

That still has a burr under my saddle. One of the few things Texas made hard...

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Go Michigan!

That still has a burr under my saddle. One of the few things Texas made hard...
Let it go man……let it go. :p