Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
From that damage, you may have damage to the following items;

• Driver's seat
  • Wiring harness
  • Pedal boxes
If you don't intend to use the Cobalt seats, item 1 isn't a problem. The wiring harness passes right behind there, so you may have (minimal) damage to fix there, but probably not. Lastly, impact to the side there may have bent your pedal boxes, but I doubt it.

All in all, good donor.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
From that damage, you may have damage to the following items;

• Driver's seat
  • Wiring harness
  • Pedal boxes
If you don't intend to use the Cobalt seats, item 1 isn't a problem. The wiring harness passes right behind there, so you may have (minimal) damage to fix there, but probably not. Lastly, impact to the side there may have bent your pedal boxes, but I doubt it.

All in all, good donor.
Good looking out. Some things to consider for sure, I'm sure the impact only cut the wires I wont be using.

Thanks everyone. Ill update Wednesday if I get it.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Good looking out. Some things to consider for sure, I'm sure the impact only cut the wires I wont be using.

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, the main harness snakes along the driver-side door and cuts underneath the driver seat.

Even if it's damaged (probably not), it'd be a relatively easy fix.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru

Even though you will have to thin the harness I’d recommend if you buy it and there IS damage repairing the broken wires before you start thinning the harness to prevent any crossed wires.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Today was a big leap forward, Picked up the donor car. Some issues but nothing too crazy as of yet. It ran and drove home. Engine supposedly has 80k on it and the body is at 107k looking under the hood it looks like there is some work, a zzp 2.8 pully and intake. It has a AEM wideband, and a aeroforce scan gauge that wasn’t working. It is however a G85 which is a nice surprise but no recaro seats.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sounds like the previous owner was hitting the pick-a-part or Craigslist to put on some later model year upgrades. :D Those Brembos will fetch a fair price on the resale to help offset the donor cost.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Sounds like the previous owner was hitting the pick-a-part or Craigslist to put on some later model year upgrades. :D Those Brembos will fetch a fair price on the resale to help offset the donor cost.
Perfect! Or I need to figure out how to put them on my Cruze lol. I’ll have to clean them up and sell em.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Ok, the fun is starting! The person I bought the car from didn’t know anything about the car, they bought it to be a project and it never took off. On the way home I got hit with the engine power reduced and was able to limp it to the house. Pulled the codes and had a P1133 and a P2135.
The ad stated it was a “stage 3” car and noticed there is a 2.8” pulley on the SC. In talks with ZZP, they stated:

“However a 2.8 pulley is a very aggressive pulley which would require our stage 3 kit, dual pass end plate, stage 2 cams and valve springs, header, 3” down pipe, 3” car back, and/or E85 fuel”

Of course I put 93 in the tank not knowing, which I’m hoping is the cause of low power mode. Got some work to do, have to pull the injectors to find out what’s in it. It looks like the Option B was done but not the dual pass. Since I know everyone loves pictures.

Attachments

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I wish Idve known this. I literally put mine on the curb for scrap pickup.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ok, the fun is starting! The person I bought the car from didn’t know anything about the car, they bought it to be a project and it never took off. On the way home I got hit with the engine power reduced and was able to limp it to the house. Pulled the codes and had a P1133 and a P2135.
The ad stated it was a “stage 3” car and noticed there is a 2.8” pulley on the SC. In talks with ZZP, they stated:

“However a 2.8 pulley is a very aggressive pulley which would require our stage 3 kit, dual pass end plate, stage 2 cams and valve springs, header, 3” down pipe, 3” car back, and/or E85 fuel”

Of course I put 93 in the tank not knowing, which I’m hoping is the cause of low power mode. Got some work to do, have to pull the injectors to find out what’s in it. It looks like the Option B was done but not the dual pass. Since I know everyone loves pictures.
pic of the face of the pulley? From the front pic, it looks like a GM stage 2 pulley. The 2.8 requires shaving the snout of the charger down to clear and it looks basically stock. Hard to tell from the pics.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
pic of the face of the pulley? From the front pic, it looks like a GM stage 2 pulley. The 2.8 requires shaving the snout of the charger down to clear and it looks basically stock. Hard to tell from the pics.
Ill take a pic and post it in the am, Im working until 5am.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Looking at my pics, it’s the 2.7 that requires shaving the snout. I’m using the 2.9 and am happy with it. The pulleys are inexpensive and easy to change. It’ll all depend on what they have done eternally with cams and such.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Looking at my pics, it’s the 2.7 that requires shaving the snout. I’m using the 2.9 and am happy with it. The pulleys are inexpensive and easy to change. It’ll all depend on what they have done eternally with cams and such.
Is there a way to differentiate cams if I pull the valve cover off? How would I know if I have aftermarket cams/ valve springs?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That, I don’t know, but others may. I would think there are numbers on the cams that can be matched to zzp.

Ross

Goblin Guru
There is ZZP cast into the cams at the green circle, and LSJ cast into the red circle, on both the intake and exhaust cams.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If it is tuned for E85 and you put 93 in it it will be running extremely rich.
You need to get someone to pull your tune and check to see if it is an E85 tune.