Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
If it is tuned for E85 and you put 93 in it it will be running extremely rich.
You need to get someone to pull your tune and check to see if it is an E85 tune.
I have no clue who would be local to me to do that. Guess I can try to search the forums, worst case I should just buy a tuned core PCM from ZZP

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I don't think you've mentioned where you're at but if you're within a few hours of Upstate SC I could pull the tune for you. I feel like you would get a similar offer if there's another Goblin with HP Tuners in your neck of the woods. It's free to an owner of HP Tuners to pull the tune and do a quick comparison.

P1133 is for an O2 sensor, but because it's not accompanied by a rich or lean error code, I'd guess first it's a bad O2 sensor rather than you having put the wrong fuel in it. Combined with the P2135 code for the throttle body, it's not surprising that it'd run rough.

Don't put too much stock in the "Stage 3" description, there's no set rules for what makes mods one stage or another (outside of what a specific vendor will sell you as a package with their name on it). For example, there was a GM Stage 3 that also deactivated AC. It can be argued that all LSJs need a dual pass, which is easy enough to install after you do your teardown, but I think it's a little silly too to suggest that a 2.8" pulley needs cams.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I don't think you've mentioned where you're at but if you're within a few hours of Upstate SC I could pull the tune for you. I feel like you would get a similar offer if there's another Goblin with HP Tuners in your neck of the woods. It's free to an owner of HP Tuners to pull the tune and do a quick comparison.

P1133 is for an O2 sensor, but because it's not accompanied by a rich or lean error code, I'd guess first it's a bad O2 sensor rather than you having put the wrong fuel in it. Combined with the P2135 code for the throttle body, it's not surprising that it'd run rough.

Don't put too much stock in the "Stage 3" description, there's no set rules for what makes mods one stage or another (outside of what a specific vendor will sell you as a package with their name on it). For example, there was a GM Stage 3 that also deactivated AC. It can be argued that all LSJs need a dual pass, which is easy enough to install after you do your teardown, but I think it's a little silly too to suggest that a 2.8" pulley needs cams.
thank you for the information, I am located in the Detroit area. The master mechanics that are the kids working on these cars is amazing lol. So much hacked up stuff. So with everything I am seeing on the cobalt forums is when people get the 2135 code they replace the throttlebody. I assume that OEM GM is the way to go?

Here’s the pulley

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sharpie pen ZZP marking on the pulley with hammer installation and alignment - I would be very skeptical of any information provided by the previous owner for performance upgrades and the correctness of their installation. :rolleyes:

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Sharpie pen ZZP marking on the pulley with hammer installation and alignment - I would be very skeptical of any information provided by the previous owner for performance upgrades and the correctness of their installation. :rolleyes:
Right…. Tomorrow parts are going to start coming off to check and see what injectors are in there if I’m able to identify them.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
So that’s interesting. I wonder how old that pulley is. Zzp uses 5 bolts to hold their pulley on and GM (upgraded) used 4 like your picture. Plus zzp has changed their logo over time. Interesting to find the history on it.
7CCF9FBD-A845-4982-B0EC-D70C2E7D9D9C.png
286EF0C5-E143-44DA-A9BD-D4ABBD99006D.png
237581AC-0768-4544-B134-4E21A3063BEB.png

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
So that’s interesting. I wonder how old that pulley is. Zzp uses 5 bolts to hold their pulley on and GM (upgraded) used 4 like your picture. Plus zzp has changed their logo over time. Interesting to find the history on it. View attachment 29917View attachment 29918View attachment 29919
I sent zzp a email with a picture in the hopes of them giving me some information on it. I should just order the LSJ-T kit and call it a day

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
ZZP’s response:

Wow! Well that is our pulley and original logo from 2000-2010 but we haven't made those since I think 2007. So GM offered a stage 2 kit back in the day that came with a 3.2 and used a 4 bolt hub. For a while we made smaller pulleys for the GM hub. We then decided to make our LSJ pulleys for the 5 bolt hub we already made for the 3800 market thus discontinuing the 4 bolt hub versions.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That’s awesome.

hhhmmm. If you pull that pulley ToxicBill may want it. His charger has the 4 bolt GM stage 2 pulley (pictured earlier. We have all swapped parts here in Houston) and it would be nice to have the smaller one for future mods. If you don’t mind selling/giving it away.

Now for more discovery on injectors and internals.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
There should be plenty of tuner shops in the Detroit area that would pull the tune for a few bucks.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If he wants it let me know! I’ll be updating when I get it all apart tomorrow for more surprises lol.
I’ll let him know. Thanks.

if it’s got that old of a pulley on there, I would assume everything in it is the same age and “should” run properly, but you never know. The best thing is to figure it out now while everything is in the car, then you’ll be ready when it’s in the goblin.

ToxicBill

I'm in. Let me know when you are ready to part with it and how much you want for it.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not sure. Looking up the numbers, I’m getting a lot of info on 60# injectors but none of that number. I’d assume it’s as old as that pulley. Zzp may know though.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Not sure. Looking up the numbers, I’m getting a lot of info on 60# injectors but none of that number. I’d assume it’s as old as that pulley. Zzp may know though.
In the grand scheme of things I guess it really doesn’t matter, I will end up ordering all new stuff for it.

Got the front of the car up on jackstands to start the teardown. Next problem, no key to remove the wheels. Amazon to the rescue.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It has the black injector seals so they are probably E85 compatible - which would help confirm the information that it may have an E85 tune.