Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Weird. You are missing cat and o2 codes, so there has to be more or they are being ignored by hp tuners or something.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Weird. You are missing cat and o2 codes, so there has to be more or they are being ignored by hp tuners or something.
The car was tuned by zzp so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. The donor was tuned when I bought it. Other than that it’s all I know. Maybe it’s the program I’m using??? OBDlink app and OBDlink MX for the dongle

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Also I don’t know how I missed this but the blue wire from the radiator fan didn’t get hooked up back by the fuse box. Where was I supposed to tap into for that one? I have the connector on the blue wire.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I had the same problem. It's in one of the last videos in the Archived Videos playlist on Youtube.

The video discusses soldering it, but you just need to add the other half of the connector and plug it in.

Edit: Start at the 5:00 mark in this video.

Last edited:

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I wired mine to the driver side radiator fan plug. Don’t remember the color wire off hand, I’ll have to check when I get home.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
So still chasing misfire, cylinder 3 issue. I am still only getting 4# boost when on it and when the engine is lugged (high gear low rpm) that is when the check engine light flashes at me. You can visibly see the lack of heat in the one cylinder from the blueing on the stainless header.

I replaced the spark plugs and the coils to try to eliminate the possibility of those being the issue. These are the plugs, 3rd plug down is the oddball cylinder

My next thought, plugged injector?

Still only getting the EVAP codes on my OBD reader. When I clear the codes, the cel never goes out. It leads me to believe that the OBD reader is not actually connecting to the car but when I have the car running and the app open I can see RPMs, boost, ect. All the gauges work like it’s communicating.

Could it be my OBD reader possibly?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Since it looks like that cylinder is dead it likely not a computer/tune issue although I'm surprised you aren't getting a misfire code. Try moving the injector to a different cylinder and see if it follows. Have you confirmed Cylinder #3 is firing? Have you checked compression on that cylinder? I doubt there are any individual cylinder controls within you ecm. So it almost has to be the lack of one of the big three, Spark, fuel or compression.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
As a clarification on my previous post, there could be dead spark/injector drivers in the ecm causing the issue, but not a sensor or ecm control issue.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru

Spark looks good on that cylinder. Going to grab a compression tester on my way into work. See if they have an injector tester as well.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I pulled the fuel rail off and will be taking it into work with me tonight. I am going to take apart the injectors to try and clean them out. I should have all the tools needed for the most part at work to do it.

I did end up finding this sensor not completely secured it seemed that it was still plugged in but it was not bolted down.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Easier yet. Drill a hole in a valve stem cap, the size of a carb cleaner straw. Remove valve core. Insert straw into cap, cap on valve stem and valve stem onto injector. Add 12v to connector and spray carb cleaner.
2F1F74DE-CBBB-4000-B5E0-1B1CE6CFCEDF.jpeg
BDA60E71-800D-4260-B2D3-327DFD521911.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
You can use a mechanics stethoscope to try and listen to the injector.

Quick tutorial on testing injectors. How to Test Fuel Injectors (with Pictures) - wikiHow

I would just swap it to a different location to start.
Old mechanic's 'stethoscope' trick; use a long screwdriver, put the tip on the injectors (or any other operating part) and put your ear against the end of the handle. You will be able to hear if it's operating/making noise. ;):)