Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You do know that you want to copy the changes from a different tune into you tune file and to not try and just write the different file into your ECM?

I would look at the maf data in the new HPT file and see how it compares. I think your current is off enough that it might be better to try something else to start with, but it's hard to know for sure.

I would still reset the applicable DTC's back to stock and see if anything pops first. And compare more logs and see if over 100% on the accelerator pedal seems reasonable. I'm just not sure why that and the open loop fault don't trip a DTC since I don't see anything related to them turned off.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I guess it's normal for the LSJ to show an accelerator pedal position of way over 100%?
My Throttle Position reading goes from 0-100%, but the SAE one never gets to 100% even at full throttle. The Accelerator Pedal Position goes from 0-255% across the Throttle Position range.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I've seen some post on HPT forum that says to not use the SAE PID for any of the throttle position sensors on GM stuff. They didn't say what's the difference , just to never use the SAE PID.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I've seen some post on HPT forum that says to not use the SAE PID for any of the throttle position sensors on GM stuff. They didn't say what's the difference , just to never use the SAE PID.
Right, it shouldn't be used and I don't think Accelerator Pedal Position is worthwhile either. Throttle Position is the only one that seems to be accurate.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The accelerator pedal position sensor works for the LNF with the readings going from 0 to 100%.

It would be interesting to see what a tech2 measures on an LSJ APP sensor and what the service manual says the operating range is.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I will be spending the entirety of my free time at work tonight watching HPT videos and learning. Everything you guys are saying is French to me haha.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have an updated wiring schematic for the button panels, mine just came in today. The one I see floating around doesn’t have the same color wiring. I have the 7 main wires hooked up but the ones for the buttons themselves are different.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lonny explains the difference between the early model and late model button panels here.
Early model wiring sheet
AllDataDIY wiring diagram for the cruise controls is here. The parallel resistors used by Chevy (8250, 4420, 1500) are the same total resistance as DF's series resistors (1270, 1620, 5360) . I used this calculator to verify this. Up to you which diagram you want to use.
This post talks about where the wires come from.
Horn wiring diagram.
Mounting pictures. More mounting pics.

Early model button panel has these 2 resistors removed. Late model button panel keeps those 2 resistors.

Early model Info/Return (DIC Select menu switch signal/DIC switch signal) from AllDataDIY

You need to find the info return buttons on your wiring harness.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
As @Rttoys expressed in another thread, bring that umbrella with you to at least shade the seats! :D Out here in the desert leaving black seats in the sun will nearly get to melting temperatures and almost guaranteed you will leave imprints on the seats if you climb into them - and probably need some medical attention! :eek:o_O:cool:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
As @Rttoys expressed in another thread, bring that umbrella with you to at least shade the seats! :D Out here in the desert leaving black seats in the sun will nearly get to melting temperatures and almost guaranteed you will leave imprints on the seats if you climb into them - and probably need some medical attention! :eek:o_O:cool:
We autocrossed today and I had my umbrella over the dr seat. That was fine and dandy, until we got to grid. Make a run, pit, jump out to grab water and check tires, jump back in to go and :eek:seat is HOT !!!

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Surprisingly the seats weren't too bad, maybe since I was already soaked with sweat I didn't feel it. I really need to get the hood painted or wrapped, I'm in the process of wet sanding it smooth while waiting on a quote from a few local places.