GM STAGE 1 SENSORS

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I received this in the mail today, but only one fits out of 2 the one on the intake fits (it’s 4 prong)
But the 3 prong want fit on the tube by filter do I need to change that one. I just ordered the remote tune from ZZP so we will se how good it works !

Attachments

Justin

The other one goes on your intake manifold, you may need to remove some material from the metal on the bolt hole to get it to line up properly or at least I had to
Screenshot_20210129-134410_Google.jpg

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
The other one goes on your intake manifold, you may need to remove some material from the metal on the bolt hole to get it to line up properly or at least I had toView attachment 20330
Do you know what these green o-rings are used for,
Update —— I ended up using the bigger black o rings that are on the GM STAGE 1 sensors , they were tight to get in ( Vaseline on rubber ) but I figured better seal that way.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Where does the second sensor actually mount? I got the one on the intake manifold installed, but can't see anywhere else the second one goes?

Thanks,
Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Why do you need two? The one is only atmosphere pressure and I sure hope we never get to the point of needing 3 bar to measure atmosphere. The only reason I can think of is to work with the new file they require for the other intake MAP.

KSLunsfo

Why are you all going to 3 Bar? What boost pressures are you experiencing or expecting?
Well, I'm currently still on stock MAPs since I'm just now getting drive-able. Supposedly the stock MAP is rated up to 2.7Bar (but the same place I'm reading that is saying that's equivalent to 24.65lbs, which I'm not completely positive about). 1bar is 14.5 psi, a 3 bar map sensor allows you to accurately read up to 43.5 psi which is quite a bit...

Anyone know if the stock is truly 2.7bar(39.15psi)? If so I definitely don't see much benefit in gaining 0.3bar...

Edit:
Now questioning myself and whether or not the bar range is WRT to absolute or gauge pressure... If it's WRT to absolute then 2.7bar would be 24.65psi... maybe I've misunderstood how MAP sensors are rated lol...

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Well, I'm currently still on stock MAPs since I'm just now getting drive-able. Supposedly the stock MAP is rated up to 2.7Bar (but the same place I'm reading that is saying that's equivalent to 24.65lbs, which I'm not completely positive about). 1bar is 14.5 psi, a 3 bar map sensor allows you to accurately read up to 43.5 psi which is quite a bit...

Anyone know if the stock is truly 2.7bar(39.15psi)? If so I definitely don't see much benefit in gaining 0.3bar...

Edit:
Now questioning myself and whether or not the bar range is WRT to absolute or gauge pressure... If it's WRT to absolute then 2.7bar would be 24.65psi... maybe I've misunderstood how MAP sensors are rated lol...
Conflicting information on the stock MAP. Most say it's only 1 Bar.

KSLunsfo

Conflicting information on the stock MAP. Most say it's only 1 Bar.
That's more what I would assume it was. I didn't look too hard, but that was from one of the first results at CobaltSS.net.

What's the stock boost levels these run? That would be somewhat telling of the OEM map sensor spec.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That's more what I would assume it was. I didn't look too hard, but that was from one of the first results at CobaltSS.net.

What's the stock boost levels these run? That would be somewhat telling of the OEM map sensor spec.
Stock, not over 14.7, I believe it's more around 12. Ours with a 2.9 pulley will top out at 15-16 PSI. I suspect they will handle that and a little more. I can see how 25 would blow them out.

KSLunsfo

Maybe we're mixing SC/TC here. Maybe there's some difference with respect to the sensors/boost levels?

Guess I'm being a bit lazy in my researching this but most of my searches take me to the cobaltss.net forum. Wow is that forum almost useless... like watching a bunch of 10 year olds try and explain things to one another while failing miserably at staying on topic...

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Once again I guilty of assuming everyone owns the exact same donor as I do. :(

Yeah, you know you can trust everything on that Internet forum.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
A 3 bar map sensor includes the 1 bar from vacuum to atmospheric. So when Kyle's talking about a 2.7 bar sensor, that's actually 2.7 bar - 1 atm = ~24.5 psi "boost pressure"

Same difference between gauge pressure and absolute pressure.