Goblin "ABS Emulator" - disable ABS, traction control and brake warning lights

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I ordered one yesterday as well. I consider this device, and your other pending device, to be must-haves. I really appreciate your hard work in bringing this functionality to the Goblin!

baustin

I agree with Ark, this and your other device sure seem like must haves. I'm sure my order for this module will be coming soon. I don't have traction/stability since I have an 06 but mine did have ABS. It'll be really nice for the 'brake' warning to work like I'd expect but also should prevent yearly inspection issues/questions related to the light not going out when parking brakes are off.

Last edited:

baustin

Got mine and let it program yesterday. I had the parking brake on, the 'brake' warning was on... Clicked the parking brake off and 'brake' warning turned off!

Very awesome to get rid of that false warning due to no ABS. Worked perfectly. I haven't driven it since this programming happened but it was running fine in the garage.

Next up: how to get the airbag warning off, I wonder when someone might have a solution for that?

Edit: also meant to clarify that my donor is an 06 that did have ABS but no traction control.

Last edited:

Murcielago311

Bumping this up after my successful 'install'. Took literally 3 seconds to run the program. Shame because the LEDs looked really cool!
Brake warning light went off, grounded the parking brake wire and it came back on. Can't really test the low brake fluid easily, but I'm confident it'll work as intended. Thanks @bradr

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Received mine 2 days after ordering it. Plugged it in today and its all set, just a few more lights to go. Thanks for getting this put together Bradr. Looking forward to the airbag eliminator when you get done with it.

bradr

I have not touched the Goblin or any associated projects in a LONG time. Not dead, just life has changed a lot for me over the last year. ABS Eliminators are still available on the website for anyone who needs them.

FYI: These are going end of life. Once I run out of the hardware the ABS Eliminator uses, I do not expect to make any more. This could be a few more months or considerably longer - no clue.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I have not touched the Goblin or any associated projects in a LONG time. Not dead, just life has changed a lot for me over the last year. ABS Eliminators are still available on the website for anyone who needs them.

FYI: These are going end of life. Once I run out of the hardware the ABS Eliminator uses, I do not expect to make any more. This could be a few more months or considerably longer - no clue.
Just curious - is the end of life strictly a hardware issue? If so, could previously used units that are no longer needed be reprogrammed for a fee?

bradr

Just curious - is the end of life strictly a hardware issue? If so, could previously used units that are no longer needed be reprogrammed for a fee?
I could refactor the software to work on our newer hardware but these are not really an item that sells in volume.