Goblin electric steering

Lando217

Anyone know If I was to unplug my steering would it necessarily make it manual? This touchy steering is Skechy at higher speeds lol

Ross

Goblin Guru
My guess: You need a better wheel alignment.
Yes unplugging the steering makes it harder to steer because of the motor dragging, but it works.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Some have and removed the motor, but I believe they put it back. It's hard to get used to, we thought the same thing at first. A really good alignment and good setup will help it from being darty. Getting the ride height right can help also; you don't want the nose up. I little toe in helps so slow the steering.

There was talk, including myself, of being able to adjust the assist. There is an aftermarket steering company that can do it, but's stupid expensive for what it is. Sorry, I can't remember the name, it's some small out-of-the-basement company, Off Road Steering or something.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Also check the toe link bar on the back. I had mine upside down and it was a handful to drive.

I’ll echo the comments above. A good alignment will do wonders for the driveability. I use the Longacre plate and follow Adam’s instructions.

Lando217

Thanks guys! I am going to go through the alignment process again and double check everything.
That would be cool to have something to adjust sensitivity depending on what kind of driving your doing!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I think a couple folks are running the PS unit from a Vue to get adjustable control. Here's a thread that has some info.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
You can unplug and remove the power steering motor. The front end is so light on these that there's really no reason at all to have any sort of power steering. It will still be super sketchy at speed without a proper alignment though.