Goblin for sale

Goblin-SS

Due to the wonderful state of Illinois deaming tube chassis vehicles not to be road legal. I am sadly putting my Goblin up for sale. It is chassis #3 The very first Goblin kit sold. It's a track chassis with an 07 SS SC power plant. Any questions feel free to hit me up for more photos more info. I'm just asking for what I got into in. My lose your gain. I'm just sick up the back and further with the state

Attachments

Jto97

Hello! I am the one from pa mentioned above and am very interested in more pictures, videos, and a price! Also any mods done!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Due to the wonderful state of Illinois deaming tube chassis vehicles not to be road legal. I am sadly putting my Goblin up for sale. It is chassis #3 The very first Goblin kit sold. It's a track chassis with an 07 SS SC power plant. Any questions feel free to hit me up for more photos more info. I'm just asking for what I got into in. My lose your gain. I'm just sick up the back and further with the state
And the wonderful state of Illinois trashes another person's dream! I am so sorry to hear that you will be selling your Goblin. I have nothing but disgust for everything that is regulated and politicized there. Do you have any chance to use a relative's address outside of Illinois to register the car? Indiana, Iowa, Missouri or even Wisconsin (as long it is not near Milwaukee or Madison)? Even looking at the Montana registration, as Ark already mentioned or try Florida as I have heard that is also possible. I really hate too see this happen without having other options available to you. Or doing something as drastic as moving out of state - which is probably not an option, but I made that work after getting fed up with living there for the first 47 years of my life. I wish I could offer more help. :(

Goblin-SS

And the wonderful state of Illinois trashes another person's dream! I am so sorry to hear that you will be selling your Goblin. I have nothing but disgust for everything that is regulated and politicized there. Do you have any chance to use a relative's address outside of Illinois to register the car? Indiana, Iowa, Missouri or even Wisconsin (as long it is not near Milwaukee or Madison)? Even looking at the Montana registration, as Ark already mentioned or try Florida as I have heard that is also possible. I really hate too see this happen without having other options available to you. Or doing something as drastic as moving out of state - which is probably not an option, but I made that work after getting fed up with living there for the first 47 years of my life. I wish I could offer more help. :(
Yeah I'm just feed up with Illinois BS on this. But no I dont really have any place out of state to try and register it. To be honest I just sick of paperwork to try anywhere else.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Yeah I'm just feed up with Illinois BS on this. But no I dont really have any place out of state to try and register it. To be honest I just sick of paperwork to try anywhere else.
The Montana route is not to bad. message Baltimorehokie. he had some similar issues. Run it for a year then sell it. get to enjoy some of the work and time you have into it

Motoracer110

Dang sad to see this for sale, maybe apply again and add $500 cash in the envelope. I think you can buy a seat in government out there as well :p jk

It’s frustrating for sure getting these registered but will be worth it in the end. I have been to the state patrol twice and the dmv 4 times now. Come to find out people at the dmv in Colorado don’t know how to fill out their own forms so we keep having to make changes. I still will have to go back to the state patrol for them to add my vin plate then back to the dmv for my license plates.

I know most states once a car is registered and has the VIN plate it makes the process very easy to transfer to other states for plates. Supposedly makes the frame worth a lot more when it’s nationally vin registered

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,

Keep trying....
That piece of paper [ Title and VIN number ] is worth it’s weight in “GOLD”. It sounds so easy (depending on the state) but until you go through the process and jump through all the hoops (financially and physically). Your pretty much ready to give up on it. My car sat in the garage a couple of times for weeks on end where I didn’t even want to look at it much less work on it over that piece of paper.

Best of Luck....
Bruce

Goblin-SS

Dang sad to see this for sale, maybe apply again and add $500 cash in the envelope. I think you can buy a seat in government out there as well :p jk

It’s frustrating for sure getting these registered but will be worth it in the end. I have been to the state patrol twice and the dmv 4 times now. Come to find out people at the dmv in Colorado don’t know how to fill out their own forms so we keep having to make changes. I still will have to go back to the state patrol for them to add my vin plate then back to the dmv for my license plates.

I know most states once a car is registered and has the VIN plate it makes the process very easy to transfer to other states for plates. Supposedly makes the frame worth a lot more when it’s nationally vin registered
Good Evening,

Keep trying....
That piece of paper [ Title and VIN number ] is worth it’s weight in “GOLD”. It sounds so easy (depending on the state) but until you go through the process and jump through all the hoops (financially and physically). Your pretty much ready to give up on it. My car sat in the garage a couple of times for weeks on end where I didn’t even want to look at it much less work on it over that piece of paper.

Best of Luck....
Bruce
Mines been inspected by the state and given a VIN.

Attachments

Motoracer110

Mines been inspected by the state and given a VIN.
thats crazy!!!! usually getting the vin is when they say its legal or not then getting plates should be a breeze inspection faze in the past. I dont see why they would give you a vin then go back and say it wont be legal. sorry man thats just an amazing ride you built

Mikey

That is just sad.

I did let a guy in PA know about it he wants to build one.
That is just sad.

I did let a guy in PA know about it he wants to build one.
Hi Karter2026,

My work project is done here in PA and I am moving at the end of those month.
I purchased the Goblin built by BaltimoreHokie.
I am planning to take my Goblin with me but would be interested in selling it if you know someone here in PA that would be interested. Got too many toys to move!

Mikey

I have seen them listed for as much as $30k down to $16.
Yes. Mine is tagged and street legal. I have driven all around PA with no issues.

Lando217

Could you elaborate a little more on what part of the process they turned you down?
it would be great also to know what steps you took.
also in Illinois halfway through my build and just sent in payment for the second and third stage. Kinda feel like the wind was taken from my sails. Any information would be great! Thanks!

Goblin-SS

Could you elaborate a little more on what part of the process they turned you down?
it would be great also to know what steps you took.
also in Illinois halfway through my build and just sent in payment for the second and third stage. Kinda feel like the wind was taken from my sails. Any information would be great! Thanks!
Dont get discouraged!!! The very first comment on this thread has the solution. Montana is the answer.

I've spoken to them and this is the rought I'll be taking.

I got my goblin inspected my local officer and passed inspection and got a VIN #. It wasn't till I got the title stating that it not eligible for registration. I called Springfield special vehicle department and said that it's due to tube chassis not being road legal. According to the NHTSA.

So what I can recommend to you. Finish you build and get you car inspected by the state and get your VIN. Then register it with Montana With the LLC they make for you. Then you'll have a road legal Montana title.( Montana has no smoge tests or vehicle inspection) Worse case scenario you then transfer it back to Illinois and your name. Then you have a road legal Illinois title.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I hope this works for you and you get your Goblin street legal, in spite of the stupid restrictions that Illinois places on kit built vehicles. Nice to see there is a probable way to circumvent the Illinois BS and get your car licensed. :D