Goblin on the race track

rjhpilot91

A buddy of mine and I are looking at each building a Goblin. He is a race instructor and generally does a half dozen races a year at the big tracks, VIR-Millville and others. He currently drives a track ready neon but has been looking into building a track Goblin to get to the front of the pack during track days.

How does the Goblin fare on the track? Anybody take their Goblin to a track day? I've seen some videos of someone doing autocross with one, but curious what your thoughts are on building one to be a designated race/track car.

Ross

Goblin Guru
It will make a great track car. This thing is made more for the track than the road. It is light weight, and that helps with cornering, stopping and accelerating. You will have to take the time to dial it in, but that is true for any race car. My first day at an autocross, I was as fast as guys who had thier cars dialed in. Jermey, who has his goblin dialed in, was >10% faster than the fastest car.

JERMzSS

The Goblins are perfect track cars. Justin Reed has a lot of great videos on his Facebook. I can't seem to link them here. Mine is primarily set up for autocross but that's not by choice. I have plans on making some track days next year.

The more people racing them the better. We're gonna have those Excocets running scared. lol

QuantumFluxuation

The Goblins are perfect track cars. Justin Reed has a lot of great videos on his Facebook. I can't seem to link them here. Mine is primarily set up for autocross but that's not by choice. I have plans on making some track days next year.

The more people racing them the better. We're gonna have those Excocets running scared. lol
I can't seem to find him on Facebook. Wheres he located at?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
A baffled oil pan should be on the list of upgrades for road racing. Check Justin's DF forum post about this.
Oil starvation seems to be common with the Ecotec's when tracking them.

Ross

Goblin Guru
A baffled oil pan should be on the list of upgrades for road racing. Check Justin's DF forum post about this.
Oil starvation seems to be common with the Ecotec's when tracking them.
There are no baffled oil pans on the URL you provided.
I'm baffled.

Jcas

Man I have ran many of these tracks and never thought that they where real and I wish I could have picked a Goblin out of the menu of cars on the Xbox. I am sure that anyone that watches will agree I found myself hanging on and leaning in every turn. That thing really looks like it hooks good.

Loesche

Going again to Buttonwillow raceway this weekend. We got a 360 camera so we should hopefully have cool new videos to post! Can’t wait for another great race season!

Jcas

I can't wait to see it. I have my donor and will be ordering mine in two weeks but will not be able to pick up until 1st week of September. So I will be riding with you all summer LOL So post post post LOL