Goblin Owners Group Facebook Page

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
So I created this back in September and was holding off on opening it up. It is a simple FB group that gives us a second platform for communication.....messenger, pictures, meets etc. Feel free to join, invite people etc. Should get some more exposure for folks that dont stumble upon the forum if they find it on FB.

@Lonny please let me know if you have issues with this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/270491913545563/

Thanks,

Scott

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
There is already is another group in FB created by econation. Not much activity. Personally I’ve seen it in the past where people end up using the FB for the quick questions and then get off where as the forums are much more interactive and retain much more information and easier to find.

Sad but I watched some really good forums succumb to FB and die a terrible death. Not trying to be negative, just don’t want to see it happen here.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The forum is already in place and should be THE resource for those building and researching for the DF Goblin. FB has too many issues, too may 'trolls' and some of us do not want to participate with this venue. The forum has a specific purpose and has been fulfilling the needs of the community for several year. In my opinion, dividing this forum into another format is not a good idea.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Sorry Scott, I would have to agree... this forum and site should have everything we need or anyone else would need. It is a one stop shop. FB would only muddy the waters.

BTW, your build is incredible! Big wang is cool!

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I dont disagree completely, the FB page would be more for those who dont frequent the forum or have the same point of view about forums you guys have about FB.

Just guessing here but you all are probably in an older crowd? Please dont take offense to that. I'm 37 but I am on every new social media platform. That's where marketing happens and the word spreads faster. Forums are excellent for the knowledge base but not for the younger crowd that will help grow this community. The show I went to this weekend was eye opening for the younger crowd, those who will take this platform to the next levels. They had never heard of it or seen it of course. Many of them will never get on a forum but if they are building a kit or interested in one have value to add that you and I wont see here.

I was chatting with @Justinreed7 (vis FB messenger) who will probably have the highest HP Goblin and one that will be put on a track more than some of us drive ours on the street. He isnt a forum guy....so because of that we are missing out on content folks like him could provide.

Last edited:

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Also not looking to take away content, this is where the heavy info will be. I posted on my IG, FB and the forum with each update but did the technical stuff here.

If I had a place to PM someone with an app on their phone who could provide a quick response this doesnt have that. Giving out my number is not something I like to do.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
All good points and yes I am 52 years young. It’s funny... my kids say FB is for old people
Hes pretty accurate, IG is the more universal platform for the younger crowd, FB is middle ground for both, forums for the older crowd.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Hes pretty accurate, IG is the more universal platform for the younger crowd, FB is middle ground for both, forums for the older crowd.
Neither of my kids touch FB. I am fairly active on FB but I am very cautious and selective about who I'm friends with and what I do on it. Not scared, just don't like some overgrown tech company having access to all of that lovely free information.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
Neither of my kids touch FB. I am fairly active on FB but I am very cautious and selective about who I'm friends with and what I do on it. Not scared, just don't like some overgrown tech company having access to all of that lovely free information.
That's fair!

Paperscale

I've frequented forums for the last 15 years, and mostly agree forums are archaic and awful, and is why so many use Facebook. Though this is probably one of the best optimized forums I've ever used. Easy way to attach files, works brilliant on mobile AND desktop, simple layout. Usually I'm all for FB groups but everyone here has also been so helpful and quick to respond.

KLMOTORSPORTS

I’m an avid FB user, but to me, this forum knocks it out of the park as the resource for DF Goblin owners/builders! The only thing I would hate with a FB site in addition to the forum would be fragmenting information between two site instead of just the forum now. As a group, I would personally like to see all info kept within this forum.
Ken

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The DF team will need to chime in on this, since their business, many product improvements, and it's information community is very dependent upon the communication from all forum members to provide and share, here. Pushing this information/communication off into another format and location - that is not as controllable as a specific information resource with a forum page - may create issues for Lonny, Adam and Austin to keep tabs on this information. Forum participation is a privilege and keeping the DF team informed of issues - both good and bad - is very key to their success as a company and the location of this information is their choice.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Even though I avoid all social media, I think this is a great idea. There are all all kinds of enthusiast groups out there. From kit cars to Cobalts to whatever. It's not about controlling information. I think it's all about information availability. No harm in that.

I've often wondered why DF doesn't have a larger social media presence so I think this will be positive.

Gsd autos mn

The Mid west meet up pictures /summer pictures would look good on Fb, we have a lot of guests here from picture searches.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
The DF team will need to chime in on this, since their business, many product improvements, and it's information community is very dependent upon the communication from all forum members to provide and share, here. Pushing this information/communication off into another format and location - that is not as controllable as a specific information resource with a forum page - may create issues for Lonny, Adam and Austin to keep tabs on this information. Forum participation is a privilege and keeping the DF team informed of issues - both good and bad - is very key to their success as a company and the location of this information is their choice.
The location of the information isnt their choice for builds and data we post ....lol. You are right though, it is a privilege for both the community and a privilege for the DF team that we post for them.

The Exocet Owners Club FB page is not run by anyone at Exocet.

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I’m an avid FB user, but to me, this forum knocks it out of the park as the resource for DF Goblin owners/builders! The only thing I would hate with a FB site in addition to the forum would be fragmenting information between two site instead of just the forum now. As a group, I would personally like to see all info kept within this forum.
Ken
I agree, love the forum. A FB page isnt meant to ever replace it.