Goblin picture game

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A bunch of heathens :D

I am in Utah so no shortage of churches... and weather has been pretty tolerable lately, time to wrap this one up, we’ll see who snags it first
It’ll be a race. :p But not really. I’d like to get the pic tomorrow, but if you beat me to it, I’ll still post mine, because I think it’s cool.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
How about this?

1st pic- Old Baylor college church in Independence Texas.
2nd- church bell tower, same place.
Bonus 3rd pic- in front of one of the original Baylor College schoolhouses.

extra bonus for not freezing to death. :eek:

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Bump. It's been the better part of a month, and nobody can get a shot of their car in front of a tank or a plane?!

Once I'm registered, there's a VFW nearby with some armor out front. Somebody can surely fulfill the current challenge before then...

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. I figured it would be easy, since just about every vfw hall has something cool outside. Hell, if you get creative, any military rifle, knife or even uniform is “equipment“. o_O

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I have one of those pictures too but again, too old to use and way too much snow out there to be getting any new pics right now!
IMG_20200723_174227~2.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Been six weeks since Rttoys posted his military challenge. Tough one. Time to move on here, gents.....
American Legion Post 560 in Houston. Pretty sure an F4 Phantom will qualify... ;)

On to the next challenge. I will try to get things revived by posting a little lower bar for someone to complete.

A picture of your Goblin in front of your favorite ice cream shack.

We may have had some cold temps down here in Texas last week, but now it is 79 and ice cream is on the mind again!

Ready, set, GO!!!!

IMG_9781.jpg

PaulPerger

Been six weeks since Rttoys posted his military challenge. Tough one. Time to move on here, gents.....
American Legion Post 560 in Houston. Pretty sure an F4 Phantom will qualify... ;)

On to the next challenge. I will try to get things revived by posting a little lower bar for someone to complete.

A picture of your Goblin in front of your favorite ice cream shack.

We may have had some cold temps down here in Texas last week, but now it is 79 and ice cream is on the mind again!

Ready, set, GO!!!!

View attachment 20880
That's an odd place for a Phantom... What is the back story?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That's an odd place for a Phantom... What is the back story?
Not sure on the backstory of the jet, but here’s the American Legion Hall it’s with. I know the area was originally set up for those coming back from the war to have housing for their family’s. Not sure when that jet arrived there. It’s been there as long as I can remember.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Engineering like this aircraft is very impressive.

If you put this aircraft in a 40x60 building you would have less than a foot of clearance at the wingtips and nose and tail.
The building would need to be 17 feet tall.

It ways as much as 37 Goblins and has a top speed that is 9 times faster than our fastest Goblin. (Justin reed -160)(Phantom 1,485 - Mach 2.2)

It could carry the weight of 12 Goblins and the two J79-GE-17 engines could lift 24 Goblins straight up.

The two engines have as much HP as:

671 NA Ecotec engines
or
507 Supercharged Ecotec engines
or
400 Turbocharged Ecotec engines
or
165 Justin Reeds

The cost to keep it in the air is $2.08 per second.

The interesting part is this was all hand-drawn and engineered with pencil, paper, and slide rules.

It was first flown on May 27, 1958

PaulPerger

Not sure on the backstory of the jet, but here’s the American Legion Hall it’s with. I know the area was originally set up for those coming back from the war to have housing for their family’s. Not sure when that jet arrived there. It’s been there as long as I can remember.

That explains the apartments in the background...