Goblin rally car

Chris

I want to make a rally type goblin, still able to be driven off road but with a beefier suspension and handling to go light if road. Nit like rock climbing or anything... Also, maybe awd...? Any thoughts?

Chris

Not quite a sand rail, I won't be going to the dunes or anything but there are a lot of gravel roads and mountain trails where I live, and sometimes a regular car just isn't fun to take on those. So a better suspension and maybe a small lift would be beneficial.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite a sand rail, I won't be going to the dunes or anything but there are a lot of gravel roads and mountain trails where I live, and sometimes a regular car just isn't fun to take on those. So a better suspension and maybe a small lift would be beneficial.
One of the 24 frames in this production run is going to be used to build an off road Goblin prototype. We want it to do basically what you described. It won't be an all out Baja racer. More of a trail/hunting buggy. This will include increased ground clearance, relocating the radiator to protect it from debris and suspension tweaks. We will know more when we start working on that prototype.

Chris

I kind of liked the idea of line x the whole frame and whatever else can be done, then the ground clearance and maybe a fox suspension or something would be neat.

Were you thinking about changing the engine type at all? I was thinking the amc inline six, though popular already, it has excellent low end torque and is bulletproof, plus so many are available especially from the uglier cherokee models that came out... Hope this all isnt just noise in your ear so to speak, I don't want to sound like im trying to make a whole new design for you but I can't wait to see what good stuff you come up with. I have loved what I have seen so far and now i will wait patiently for your new buggy prototype!