Goblin vs Crown Rally North - 1500 miles, 3 shredded CV axles, a whole lot of new goblin fans

Zklonne

This is the angle I have been running for 2 years with the heavy duty Driveshaft Shop axles.
Brad
How’s your camber? Do you have adjustable bolts? I’m going to order some of those and hopefully find another lead or two to fix/adjust based on everyone’s responses here, and hopefully correct prior to install of the heavy duty axles. Thanks - Zach

Zklonne

Does anyone know what the compressed length should be for the CV axles? We’re finally replacing the current ones with heavy duty driveshaft shop axles, but the new compressed length is ~ 24.75” while old compressed is about 23.5”.

Thanks,
Zach

Attachments

Justinreed7

I like anything that goes fast
Little late to the convo, but my .02 cents on the CV axle situation. My experience has been poor quality parts store axles. The boot will rip or fail and evacuate all axle grease which causes the over heating. I've ran autozone and napa axles and both have poor quality boots with poor CV tolerances. I recommend finding oem axles or buying the zzp stage 1 axles. This will most likely fix your issue. Also smaller diameter wheels helps a lot to straighten the CV joints so you dont have such a big angle. smaller wheels+ raise spring perch= same ride height and less joint angle

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Little late to the convo, but my .02 cents on the CV axle situation. My experience has been poor quality parts store axles. The boot will rip or fail and evacuate all axle grease which causes the over heating. I've ran autozone and napa axles and both have poor quality boots with poor CV tolerances. I recommend finding oem axles or buying the zzp stage 1 axles. This will most likely fix your issue. Also smaller diameter wheels helps a lot to straighten the CV joints so you dont have such a big angle. smaller wheels+ raise spring perch= same ride height and less joint angle
I had ZZP axles in mine but the boots were so soft that they expanded at high speed and made contact with suspension and engine parts ripping holes in them and throwing grease all over the car, road, and other traffic.