Goblinfest 2022

Chubbs

Under 6 hours from Kansas City. I can't think of a good reason not to go.

Are there planned drives/activities? or do we all just show up and look at each others' cars?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Under 6 hours from Kansas City. I can't think of a good reason not to go.

Are there planned drives/activities? or do we all just show up and look at each others' cars?
A bit of both. Last year I got my wife to sit in mad Max for 4 or 5 hours a day, which is way more than the last few years. Adam had us driving places and taking pictures. Apparently it helps if you read the rules, but I just enjoyed all the driving, and there was some nice prizes.

SACTX

Gris gave me a thumbs up….but we’ll need to see how Alan’s school is playing out.

I’d be trailering there/part of the way there and we could use the truck and trailer as a sag vehicle if needed.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are hosting the DFKitcar Goblinfest 2022 at our house in Mountain View, Arkansas starting Saturday, October 1st and ending Sunday, October 9th. All kit car owners of any kind and enthusiasts of kit cars of any kind are welcome.

Saturday, October 1st - Thursday, October 6th
After you get settled into your AIR B&B, Hotel, RV park, Cabin, or tent you can make your way to our house and hang out.

There is plenty of room to leave your Goblin, another kit car, exotic sports car, and/or lawn chairs here each night if you choose. (Note: All sports cars must be left with the keys and a full tank of gas just in case we need to move/test them).

If you get here early enough you can explore Mountain View and maybe go on a short drive.

Each day you can pick one of the several scenic loops that begin and end in Mountain View. Some of these can use up most of the day.
There will be some guides available to help you navigate the area if you choose.

Branson Missouri is just minutes from here. About 127 minutes. But if you leave early, it's a nice drive and you will have plenty of time to see a few shows and visit shops before heading back.

Friday, October 7th and 8th until 6:30 pm
Scavenger Hunt and Poker Run
Around 7:00 pm we will feed you and then hand out prizes.

Sunday, October 9th
We will have a few scheduled drives for those that don't have too far to drive home.

Activities

Welding

For all you welding enthusiasts we are going to have a MIG welder, hood, gloves, and lots of sample tubing.
You get three attempts and then choose your best bead.
All entries will then be judged by your fellow goblineers, the weld with the most votes gets a prize.

Car show
Saturday we will have everyone in attendance judge each attending Goblin in several categories.
The winners will receive trophies and/or prizes.

Farthest Drive
The farthest someone hauls their Goblin to the Goblinfest gets a prize.
The farthest someone drives their Goblin to the Goblinfest gets a prize.

Best picture
Upload your best image of the Goblinfest to our forum. We will have forum members vote on them. The picture with the most votes will receive a prize.

Assembling a Goblin
October 1st we will start assembling an SS/SC Goblin. We will then sell this Goblin and the proceeds will help to pay for the next year's Goblinfest.
All are welcome to help even if you do not own a Goblin.

Guides
For those of you that are familiar with the area or are willing to get familiar with the area, we would like some help leading folks around Mountain View.

You will need to:
Help find scavenger hunt locations
Help find poker run locations
Help navigate the different routes
Find lost folks.

We will need to organize the routes into reasonable distances,
Two or three short routes in a day
One long route in a day

Also, the guides will need to be classified by rabbit or turtle or somewhere between.

In the next few weeks, I will post information about food and lodging.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Neosho, Missouri has autocross... but 3 hours 47 minutes away from Mountain View.
Fort Chaffee, Arkansas also has autocross, 3 hours 15 minutes away.
Little Rock, Arkansas (2 hours away) might have some, their calendar doesn't have events that far ahead, but it will fill out later in the year.

I wonder if we could find a business owner who might let us hold a one time event in their parking lot?
If we can find a parking lot, I could talk to a local event planner, and see about using them to host a one time event. (Insurance, cones, timing equipment, safety equipment, flags, radios, etc)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Neosho, Missouri has autocross... but 3 hours 47 minutes away from Mountain View.
Fort Chaffee, Arkansas also has autocross, 3 hours 15 minutes away.
Little Rock, Arkansas (2 hours away) might have some, their calendar doesn't have events that far ahead, but it will fill out later in the year.

I wonder if we could find a business owner who might let us hold a one time event in their parking lot?
If we can find a parking lot, I could talk to a local event planner, and see about using them to host a one time event. (Insurance, cones, timing equipment, safety equipment, flags, radios, etc)
Short course?
D822722B-4883-4E0E-AA53-B3859691F13E.jpeg

Last edited: