Goblinfest 2023

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Going to try to convince my wife to fly out for the week. We won't have our car, but maybe we'll still be able to attend and have some fun.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I’ll be at the same place with Brett. Gotta decide if I’m going to bring the rv or just get a cabin.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Got reservations at the Knotty Squirrel. Really nice place. Fills up quickly. Looking forward to it again this year!

devianteng

Hope to make it this year. I'd definitely have to trailer it down, and I'm sure the family (3 young kids under 7) would all want to come too.

Any good family activities in the area to recommend, when not doing Goblin stuff?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
There’s a lot of live bands playing in town. Plenty of parks in the area and all kinds of shopping. Oh. And good food.

Scott #321

Reserving a block of time on my schedule now. Had a blast last year. It was great to put a face to the names on the forum and meet everyone. Driving the winding/twisting roads was just a bonous.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Hope to make it this year. I'd definitely have to trailer it down, and I'm sure the family (3 young kids under 7) would all want to come too.

Any good family activities in the area to recommend, when not doing Goblin stuff?
Blanchard Springs Caverns is a must-see for the kids.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We are hosting the DFKitcar Goblinfest 2023 at our house in Mountain View, Arkansas, starting Wednesday, September 27th, and ending Sunday, October 1st. All kit car owners of any kind and enthusiasts of kit cars of any kind are welcome.

Wednesday, September 27th - Thursday, September 28th
After you get settled into your AIR B&B, Hotel, RV park, Cabin, or tent, you can make your way to our house and hang out.

There is plenty of room to leave your Goblin, another kit car, an exotic sports car, and/or lawn chairs here each night if you choose. (Note: All sports cars must be left with the keys and a full tank of gas just in case we need to move/test them).

If you get here early enough, you can explore Mountain View and maybe go on a short drive.

Each day you can pick one of the several scenic loops that begin and end in Mountain View. Some of these can use up most of the day.
There will be some folks available to help you navigate the area if you choose.

Branson, Missouri, is just minutes from here. About 127 minutes. But if you leave early, it's a nice drive, and you will have plenty of time to see a few shows and visit shops before heading back.

Friday, September 29th and 30th until 6:30 pm
Poker Run
Around 7:00 pm, we will feed you and then hand out prizes.

Sunday, October 1st
We will have a drive for those that can hang around or don't have too far to drive home.

Activities

Welding

For all you welding enthusiasts, we are going to have a MIG welder, hood, gloves, and lots of sample tubing.
You get three attempts and then choose your best bead.
All entries will then be judged by your fellow goblineers, the weld with the most votes gets a prize.

Car show
Saturday, we will have everyone in attendance judge each attending Goblin in several categories.
The winners will receive trophies and/or prizes.

Farthest Drive
The farthest someone hauls their Goblin to the Goblinfest gets a prize.
The farthest someone drives their Goblin to the Goblinfest gets a prize.

Best picture
Upload your best image of the Goblinfest to our forum. We will have forum members vote on them. The picture with the most votes will receive a prize.

Hope we see you soon!
The Doyle's

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a list of places to stay.

Dogwood Motel 870-269-3847 870-213-5260 Pinewood Cabins 870-269-5900

*Parkwood Inn & Suites 870-269-2828 * Days Inn (870) 905-0661

Cabins at Dry Creek 870-269-3871

Jack's Fishing Resort and Motel (Full RV hookups also) 870-585-2211

Mountain View Motel 870-269-3209

Sylamore Creek Camp (RV and cabins) 870-585-2326

Need more information, just give us a call or send a text...

214-334-0232
Lonny

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Just booked our rooms at the Dogwood Motel. We're planning to arrive either late (late!) Wednesday or early Thursday. Either way, see everyone on the 28th!