Got mine weighted today. What does your weight?

Oldchevyguy

I didnt have to weight it to register in Montana. But I was curious what it weighted, so I went to a local gravel pit today. It weighted 1620 pounds, with a 1/2 tank of gas, without me in it. I was a little surprised it weighed that much. Extended chassis. Hood and side panels. No fenders. Very small steel bumpers. Stock cobaltSS seats.
What does yours weigh?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
About the same. I forget the exact number. A few things add up. Someone else posted recently theirs was around 1500.

baustin

1600, pretty sure that's not including driver

Extended, track, hood, engine covers, side panels, corbeau seats, no tire fenders, no idea how much gas, 2006 SS/SC (supercharger, intercooler system, etc)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I was 1660 with full tank, hood, stock seats, turbo, extended track frame.
Dang heavy stock seats....... :)

lksohm

My car was 1560, weighed the same by two certified scales. LSJ, Cobalt seats, standard length, city frame, only a hood for a body, and a full tank of fuel.

It is really surprising how much variation there is in similarly optioned cars.

Oldchevyguy

It appears that the extended frame weights 50 - 100 lbs more. Lonny probably has a more accurate number.

Oldchevyguy

I doubt it. Someone needs to weigh a non-extended one.
My extended frame was 191 lbs. (city frame, easy entry, no paint - just the raw frame)
Look at the numbers provided by others here. There appears to be at least a hundred pound difference between the short and extended models. Dont forget that extra lenght is filled by longer panels, and other stuff.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I recall Lonnie saying the tubing was 1.5 lb/ft.

So the 4" extended frame would only add about 8pcs tube*1.5lbs/ft*4/12ft=4 lbs for a track frame.
plus tunnel and aluminum floor pan maybe adds another 2 lbs
6 lbs total

track frame (over street) adds about 11ft tubing*1.5lb/ft=16.5 lbs