GrantCropper's City Goblin - 09 TC SS - Game Time

aaronbuley

We got the car started tonight! Tomorrow, we will start the tear down. Let the excitement begin! And if anyone wants to see the video of us acting like little children all over again let me know and I'll post the video.
of course! always post what you got. :D

grantcropper

For weeks since we bought this car, we have been anxious to see if it would start because of all the mods done. We put the car back together as best we could and decided last night to see if it would start. Tonight we are starting on the tear down. Here's the video.

"MAKE IT REV"

Last edited:

grantcropper

Well, there are quite a few pictures and videos of the process I haven't posted yet, mainly because it would have been a really slow and painful process to follow. I'll get to them later. Now for the best part of this process, the FIRST TEST DRIVE. Here is some organic video (pretty long and boring for some, maybe fun for others) of what we were doing just before, and during the test drive. Enjoy!

grantcropper

So, the key got locked in and wouldn't come out so I called the dealership and apparently there are recalls on the ignitions for cobalts. Any new builders, you might want to have your recalls (2 on the ignition and 1 for the fuel pump) taken care of before you take your cobalt apart. luckily I have a friend that can help me out with a work around at the dealership and they are going to get me the replacements I need.

grantcropper

Ugh I’ve thought about taking the goblin to the dealer to ask about the recall parts since I’m still getting the recall flyers in the mail. Would probably make for a funny video if nothing else.
YES, do it, JSATX, they knew I was coming and I still had practically every service advisor wondering what the heck was going on. Pretty funny

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Big congrats on the first drive!!!!!!!
Always fun firing up late at night. You can ask for forgiveness from the neighbors tomorrow......

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I actually loaded my donor on a trailer in the state below (it still ran), took it to a dealer and they replaced the key under warranty. The salvage title status didn't make it to their records yet, so the dealership honored the warranty. All the mechanics wanted to know why I took the car apart and I had to show them pictures of the Goblin.