Ground wires Part 6 Organizing the Main Harness

marksdad

In the video it states to take 4 ground wires and solder them together- 1 ground lug wire, fuel pump ground, coolant tank ground, and the fuse box ground. I cannot find the fuse box ground. Can anyone help me with where this wire comes from in the fuse box? I have no other cut ground wires that i can find to solder to the other 3.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hello. See you are new to the forum, welcome. Working on wiring so have to assume you have a donor? If you post what your donor is, it will be easier to guide you to the correct location as there are differences in wiring from the base car to the SS/SC and SS/TC.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Pyro, what's the connection? I asked marksdad the question, but you provided an answer - even though his title doesn't state what donor he is using? I'm just curious and mean no offense.

marksdad

Might have figured it out. I have a black ground wire with a knot tied at the end. Came from video 4. Appears to be coming from the fuse box. It extends about halfway down the harness towards the BCM. Watched the rest of the videos and it is never mentioned. Is that the 4th ground wire that is referred to in video 6?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Probably so. There’s not many grounds (I think only 1) coming off the fuse box. You tie that in with the others back there. It’ll make more sense once it’s in the goblin. Adding grounds back there is easy, if you miss one.

Murcielago311

I believe we have concluded in the past the video is referring to the intercooler pump ground for turbo cars (or an extra positive in the rear on other trims if you leave it like I did on a SC). I had the same question in the 'New Videos' thread.

Really though it doesn't matter, if you know it's a ground it'll end up tied into a ground loop and attached to the frame at some point anyway, so you can go ahead and add to whatever lug is convenient.