Hagerty Insurance

jayrolls

Well, just got off the phone with Hagerty Insurance. They called to tell me that they were canceling my policy due to not being comfortable with the type of car it is. I have till the end of may to find new insurance. Any suggestions?

snirtman

I've seen in a couple other threads regarding builds in Michigan where they've gone with Progressive. Sounds like they're pricey, but its a start. Let us know where you end up!

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I believe Progressive is under written by Hagerty, but don't quote me on that. One of the major players is underwritten by Hagerty. Surprised those people haven't received cancelation notices.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I was told by my agent with Farm Bureau that they can possibly underwrite my car through Haggerty that’s who they deal with. I’m not to the point of needing insurance yet but I will keep you guys updated when I get it

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Well, just got off the phone with Hagerty Insurance. They called to tell me that they were canceling my policy due to not being comfortable with the type of car it is. I have till the end of may to find new insurance. Any suggestions?
I'm with Hagerty & have not heard a word from them.

Chubbs

What kind of car did Hagerty think it was?

When I first insured my car, the lady I talked to asked "what is it a replica of?" I tried to explain that it wasn't a replica, but she said it MUST to be. So, I told them it was bit like a 1967 Lotus Super 7, which another forum member had used in the past to get their car insured. I then promptly explained that's NOT what the car actually is, but it's the closest thing I could come up with (open wheel, open cockpit, roll cage, etc).

That worked fine. The VIN matches my car on the paperwork. No issues with Hagerty yet.

I would simply call them back and talk to someone else. I really think it's 90% who answers the phone. The gal I talked to didn't seem to care about much, and was happy to help any way she could.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

right now I have a jeep and my house through progressive (I have been a customer since 2001). I hope they let me put my goblin on my jeep policy or unfortunately I will have to cancel all of my policies. we shall see.

Dsteinhorst

right now I have a jeep and my house through progressive (I have been a customer since 2001). I hope they let me put my goblin on my jeep policy or unfortunately I will have to cancel all of my policies. we shall see.
I had Progressive twice with my Goblin. The first time was with a Wisconsin title, and that was with their consumer side. Now, with my Montana title, I have Progressive Commercial. Same coverage and similar cost.

Lightepic

Hagerty, American Modern, and Grundy all declined to insure the car. Just got off the phone with a place called Condon Skelly in new Jersey who didn't have a problem insuring it and it was significantly cheaper than the original quote I got from Binford Insurance.
condonskelly.com

ColoradoCryptoTrader

I called Progressive today and the person I spoke to said that the Goblin could be added to my existing auto policy. However, I have been a customer with Progressive for about 18 years and currently have a car and a house with them, also no accidents, just some pesky speeding tickets over the years.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Progressive wouldn't directly insure me, but told me to talk to a local progressive agent, as they could. Weird, but it worked.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Insured with Hagerty & called them today to transfer coverage from Montana to Florida. They would NOT do it & said when my current policy expires in July they will not renew it.