Harness question

Goblin Graber

I’m at the end of part 5 of the wire harness videos. Working on an 08 automatic has definitely been a little different. Pulling out the cut and labeled wires the green and white wire coming from B10 goes to another connector. I think it’s the connector to the automatic shifter. Is this correct? The thing that makes me doubt that is all data shows the connector it’s supposed to be plugged into having matching wire colors and my shifter does not. If so does this connector need moved while I’m making the harness?

Attachments

Goblin Graber

I went back and watched the tear down videos and it’s definitely the shifter plug. It sure seems like the wires that go from the shifter plug to the bcm are too short.

Can someone with an automatic give me a measurement of how far that plug needs to be from the bcm? I’m waiting a couple more weeks for #239 and want to have the harness buttoned up before I get the kit.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I usually add about 18" and leave a long portion of it hanging out to make sure it reaches.

Goblin Graber

Thank you. Now one more question. I’m working on video 7 and I have a wire I don’t think I need. It’s a larger red with a black tracer. My best guess is it’s pin B1 in the light grey multi plug. Is this wire needed?

The other two I have the pink is for the heat exchanger pump and the other red/white just gets capped correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Show an image of the other end of that wire so we can see where it connects.

Goblin Graber

I’ve got the harness all taped up at the fuse block. I’ll grab my multimeter from work today and let you know exactly where it goes.

Goblin Graber

It is pin B1 in the light grey multi plug in the fuse box housing. Looks like the old power wire to the ABS module. Must have just missed it thinning the harness.