Header?

Whidbey Goblin

ZZP is out of stock on Shorty headers and doesn’t know when they will have them available. I see someone else already posted they are looking for one as well. Has anyone tried the hundred dollar Amazon stainless headers? Are they garbage or worth a shot?

winddude

I was wondering this exact thing thing when I discovered my manifold has a crack. They looked longer, so I was wondering how they will line up. What cheapo headers did you buy?

I guess does anyone have pics from multiple angles of the dfgoblin ss/sc exhausted mounted and measurements on clearance, what mounting tabs does it use? I'm not against moving a couple exhaust hanger, but it would still need to have clearance.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I have a cheapo ebay shorty header. It is about 1/8" out of flat, and I have to run high temp silicon and a new exhaust gasket in order to get the cheap header to seal up. Wish I would have checked it when I bought it, as I wasted 6 months of tuning data, and a new exhaust gasket, not realizing my exhaust was getting additional oxygen.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I was wondering this exact thing thing when I discovered my manifold has a crack. They looked longer, so I was wondering how they will line up. What cheapo headers did you buy?

I guess does anyone have pics from multiple angles of the dfgoblin ss/sc exhausted mounted and measurements on clearance, what mounting tabs does it use? I'm not against moving a couple exhaust hanger, but it would still need to have clearance.
There isn't any exhaust hangers on the SC exhaust system. Muffler is suspended from the header. You'll want the thickest gauge flanges and tubing you can get, unless you suspend it yourself.
16206944039757653465468811085574.jpg

95Blitz

I have a cheapo ebay shorty header. It is about 1/8" out of flat, and I have to run high temp silicon and a new exhaust gasket in order to get the cheap header to seal up. Wish I would have checked it when I bought it, as I wasted 6 months of tuning data, and a new exhaust gasket, not realizing my exhaust was getting additional oxygen.
Oh man that stinks....

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I had to do the same with ZZP shorty. Really wish there was a bit more clearance there. About half a mm was best I could get it.
You could do what I did and run the coolant crossover pipe from a LNF. Those are shaped differently to allow the turbo to fit. Alternatively, bend the indexing tab to allow greater rotation.