Headlight options...

rallyracer

I was searching around to see other options for headlights used on kit cars...

I came across these Dominator 2.0 headlights some of the Exocet guys are running. I think they look pretty agressive :D

"Product Description
The new Dominator 2.0 headlights features twin H4 Halogen projector units, with that “Eye Ball” look. One side is low beam and the other is the high beam. These lights come with both bottom and side mount bolts for a variety of mounting options on your Exomotive kit."
http://exomotive.com/store/dominator-2-0-headlight/

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/grm-exclusive-reveal-exocet-spec-a/57663/page96/

Last edited:

DanPerryy

Look and see that they are single mode or 1 mode - on-off. Mine were 4 mode, off, on bright, on flash, on dim. I'm having to rebuild the inside - new board to drive the LED

Tony

I looked briefly at those Dom2.0 units, but they were a bit too pricey for my blood at $180 each. Plus I wasn't sure if it would be possible to switch the high and low depending on the side of the car. So far, I've spent less than $180 for both of my H1 HID projector headlights, though they aren't quite finished yet. I'll have a more detailed update posted later today I hope, but I believe all I have left to do is the mounting structure. The Bixenon HID projectors are great in terms of light output and cutoff, so they should have no problem passing any inspection, which is more than I can say for a lot of the cheap motorcycle "projectors" I was able to find on eBay, etc, which were usually listed as fog/driving lights in the "fine print".

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I am actually looking to replace the headlights that come with the goblin tonight I was very hard to see driving home. Anyone have recommendations for reliability? The dominator 2 seem nice because you get both high/low beam even though I primarily stay in low beam.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I know this is an old post, but I bought these and they're crap - burned out within 15min and yes I wired them correctly and all that. Their beam is like a spot light (just a circle of light) which isn't all that useful.... not worth it.

Affordable. Easy to mount. And very bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076F4HJQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 15192
I have also had something similar to these and liked them enough. The way NC inspection reads, these may not pass the 'dazzling' or 'glaring' test as they are flood lights without any real cutoff. They also don't have highs.

Last edited:

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Affordable. Easy to mount. And very bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076F4HJQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 15192
My only concern with these is no high beams which is a little minor since I always forget to turn them on but not passing inspection could be a pain although I do have the oe dominators. Thinking out loud I’m going to try to replacement LED bulbs first and see how those workout

Motoracer110

Don’t make the mistake I made. I wasted $130 on head lights to find out they did not have the DOT stamp on them. My state needs that to pass inspection so I ended up buying these and very happy with them

They look sweet, but unfortunately only low beam, I’m going to mount a 2nd set of lights on cage for high beam.
They passed with flying colors with the state police inspection
614B023B-9C47-4368-9CEB-B631DDC91259.jpeg

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I see the driveway 'ramps' in the rain gutter so you don't lose the front end pulling in and out. :p
Interesting that CO allows an off-road light with a 'shady' DOT stamp (the DOT is supposed to be permanently a part of the lens) to be legal - no offense.

Motoracer110

I see the driveway 'ramps' in the rain gutter so you don't lose the front end pulling in and out. :p
Interesting that CO allows an off-road light with a 'shady' DOT stamp (the DOT is supposed to be permanently a part of the lens) to be legal - no offense.
Haha shhhhhh don’t tell them that. The light does have a clear cutoff in the projection so you can get the proper beam height. Ya my gutters barely get my front end to scrape so those 2x4 studs work perfect ;)

On a side note if you live in a state that requires inspection, always keep a copy of that inspection approval with your insurance and registration. I could see that one cop thinking it’s not road worthy and towing it. My first inspection the cop said he is not approving dune buggies for road use :rolleyes: crazy what they try and tell me

Last edited:

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I’m looking at these with the 5 3/4 drag specialties bucket, but **** they are pricey!
1B3CAC73-30C7-4E3D-8066-D67ABA79990D.png
576D84C7-DBDB-4B39-BD10-A9DB17247CAC.png
E4F743B5-A0D7-4123-8FA7-D62148329574.png

Also looking at the 93m’s

72683876-77A1-47C8-A5BC-DE00BDB32B3B.png

I’m gonna have to mull this one over a bit... I really don’t wanna skimp on headlights though.