Headlight Recommendations and Radio Wiring Questions

viperbmw69

Group I need some assistance. I am looking for a good Set of LED Headlights Do you guys have a recommendation? I need the Headlights to be four wire and apparently thats rare.

Also I need help understanding the wiring for a radio..... I have a headunit that says it needs "Constant Battery" But when I plug that into a wire Directly to the Battery and the Ground to the Ground post above the Pedal box. It blows the internal 15amp fuse in the Headunit. Can anyone help me understand why this is? I wired with a different wires to verify its not the wiring it still blows every time. Is there supposed to be a resistor in line or something? ???? Im confused......

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
What four wires do you need? Hi/lo/Running/Ground? If there is 5th wire for turn signal on the light you could just not use it. If you arre grounding through the headlight body, the a wired ground could be added easily.

Radio sounds like an internal fault in the radio but maybe post the wiring diagram for it.

viperbmw69

Yes the four you mentioned above for the Lights are correct.

The radio was working on another car I dont understand how it can be bad now.......

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’ve never heard of a radio that requires a resistor or anything for the direct to battery connection. That should just be a memory feed. Either radio is damaged or you are miss wiring it. Does it shoot the fuse with just the 2 connections or are the others already connected.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Yes the four you mentioned above for the Lights are correct.

The radio was working on another car I dont understand how it can be bad now.......
I just combined my running light wire with my low beam wire going to the headlights, so my setup is high, low/running, and ground; front turn signals run to the side mirrors. I used the JW Speaker model 6130 IIRC, but if I was starting over or wanted to redo the headlights, I'd use the model 8632.