Headlights

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The passenger low beam is very dim. When I check the ground it shows good. The high beam is the same as the drivers side. I don’t think the mirrors or tail lights not being hooked up yet would cause that. Any help would be appreciated

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
The passenger low beam is very dim. When I check the ground it shows good. The high beam is the same as the drivers side. I don’t think the mirrors or tail lights not being hooked up yet would cause that. Any help would be appreciated
Wiggle the grounds while the lights are on... My week long taillight gremlin ended up being a corroded wire in one of the ground bundles. The taillights/reverse lights did all kinds of weird stuff.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Wiggle the grounds while the lights are on... My week long taillight gremlin ended up being a corroded wire in one of the ground bundles. The taillights/reverse lights did all kinds of weird stuff.
Will do when I get home. Thanks. Also you are keeping me on my toes to stay ahead of you. I will admit that yours will look cleaner than mine in the end

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Will do when I get home. Thanks. Also you are keeping me on my toes to stay ahead of you. I will admit that yours will look cleaner than mine in the end
You and Lokain will have no problem finishing before me, I just hit my busy time of year and now I travel every week only to be home on the weekends wich are mostly consumed in getting ready for the following week. I have a week towards the end of the month that I will on

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Check to make sure you didn't run the low beam lead to the DRL on that side.
It is the DRL that is on on the passenger side. I swapped wiring from driver to passenger and the DRL still lights up. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Look at your wiring. I presume you used the Dominators that DF sells for your headlights? The DRL wire on the headlight is brown. Make sure your car's low beam isn't going to that brown wire. I forget whether the yellow or the white on the Dominators is low-beam.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The drl is a circuit that uses a length of wire as a resistor and comes on when the ambient light sensor thinks it is daytime.

The ambient light sensor switches between the drl head light circuit and the full power headlight circuit.

The brown wire is a separate circuit that comes on with park lamps.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The passenger side DRL comes in regardless of if I’m using the drivers or passenger wiring from the harness. The drivers works fine with either side wiring

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
So I confirmed the wires from the harness on the car are good. I took apart both headlights and the wires all appear to be in the same place and same colors. I switch side and now with the low beams on it only the DRL on the drivers side. I switched wires around and can get the DRL and low beam but not high beam or High beam and DRL but no low. What am I missing?

WYGoblin

Did you try to switch the headlight bulbs. If I remember right one of mine did the same thing and had to replace the bulb and it worked again. I could be wrong it has been a while since it happened to me, but not too hard to try.