Heat exchanger plumbing

Gal2:20

I have added a used SC to my 2.4 NA. Can anyone tell me if it is the lower or upper hose inlet on the intake that is the water inlet from the pump? I think it is the lower but wanted to confirm. Also, the exchanger radiator from DF appears to be bi-directional so it doesn’t matter which way water flows?
Thanks

Ross

Goblin Guru
The bottom hose on my intercooler goes to the water pump, and is the stock black hose.
The top hose i put a clear one on (with blue fluid), and it goes to my intercooler radiator.

The DF radiator can flow either way, but I prefer to put the hot in the top, and as it cools, it naturally wants to go to the bottom.

Gal2:20

The bottom hose on my intercooler goes to the water pump, and is the stock black hose.
The top hose i put a clear one on (with blue fluid), and it goes to my intercooler radiator.
View attachment 16797
The DF radiator can flow either way, but I prefer to put the hot in the top, and as it cools, it naturally wants to go to the bottom.
View attachment 16798
View attachment 16797
View attachment 16798
Awesome. Thanks!
Any issues running without a fan??

Ross

Goblin Guru
In Arkansas, the intercooler only gets warm. 12 PSI boost (stock LSJ) isn't enough heat to cause any issues.