Heat exchanger wire not found

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
D7 gets hot when the key is turned on so we use it for the heat exchanger fan that we mount under the steering rack

HOBGOBLIN

ok solved my issue I think. Next question I am following the new thinning videos I do not have the headliner harness and the white dvi plugs I assume this was a newer turbo harness in the video so I am going to look into the older harness videos to see what I need to do.

Oldchevyguy

My 05 SS/SC DID NOT have the 6 wire plug the earlier video reuses for the dash buttons. I am going to use a aftermarket Ebay pigtail plug for this.

HOBGOBLIN

So my last body harness thinning question. I snipped the thick purple tear defrost power supply wire from the fuse box connector. Don’t think I was supposed to remove it. Any one know for sure?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The rear defroster wire was reused... maybe the front fan... been too long, but I remember re-using it for some higher amperage circuit.

lksohm

Yep, the defroster wired goes to radiator fan. The video has this as a black wire but my 07 LSJ car was purple.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I think you mean intercooler fan. The light blue from the engine harness is for the radiator fan.
Well, yes, but the light blue wire isn't long enough, so adding the defroster wire to it, makes it longer. The defroster wire is no longer connected to its' original circuit.

HOBGOBLIN

Well, yes, but the light blue wire isn't long enough, so adding the defroster wire to it, makes it longer. The defroster wire is no longer connected to its' original circuit.
Thanks for the info I did find the answer this morning in the older videos, after watching more videos I am afraid I cut some of the grounds of the BCM plugs that I need to extend. Not going to lie I wish there was a sticky for forum with a pin by pin plug by plug what can be deleted what needs to be extended etc.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Grounds from the BCM should be about 2 feet long, and reach the ground bolt on the side of the gas pedal sub-assembly. Why would you need to extend them?

HOBGOBLIN

Grounds from the BCM should be about 2 feet long, and reach the ground bolt on the side of the gas pedal sub-assembly. Why would you need to extend them?
I am watching the harness videos both the new ones and the old ones. When the new video said to remove the rest of the ground lugs I found that there was a ground to the BCM plug black with white stripe and a fuse box plug had a black wire and I cut both of them at the plug. Then when I watched the older video it looks like they extended the ground wires, not 100% sure that’s exactly what they were doing.

HOBGOBLIN

I just went back and re watched part 4 of the new video and instead of cutting the two grounds off near the center of the harness I cut them at the plugs. I will add them back

Ross

Goblin Guru
Hopefully, Lonnie will find this thread, he is the expert. I left all the ground wires until the end, and routed them to the nearest of the 3 ground lugs. The question I have is "is the black with a white stripe a ground?". If it is, just ground it. If it isn't, then it needs to go somewhere.

Looking at my 06 SS AllDataDIY.com account, I find the BCM only has the black/white on C1 connector:

And that the one on pin 61 is in fact a ground:

So I would just connect it to the nearest ground lug.

Oldchevyguy

Wondering about the original intent of the thread, where does the heat exchanger fan get its power from? I assume it is hot any time the engine is on. I do not remember any info on the videos about this.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Wondering about the original intent of the thread, where does the heat exchanger fan get its power from? I assume it is hot any time the engine is on. I do not remember any info on the videos about this.
Post #2 & #3 at the top of this thread.

Original videos are of a base cobalt, no heat exchanger.