Heat exchanger

Ross

Goblin Guru
I used radiator coolant in the heat exchanger, to reduce oxidation, and provide a bit of lubrication for the pump.
I put a thread on access port.
with a plug

at the highest part of the system, and don't have an expansion tank. The rubber lines do flex a bit, and allow for some expansion room.
That brass T fitting is behind my roll bar. Without a windscreen, my intercooler gets good airflow here.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. 49.5/50.5 water to Dexcool mix here.

I'm still using the stock “T”, that comes on a sc car, but I’m going to switch to an expansion tank like the main cooling system has, due to adding a dual pass end plate on my intake.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Yep. 49.5/50.5 water to Dexcool mix here.

I'm still using the stock “T”, that comes on a sc car, but I’m going to switch to an expansion tank like the main cooling system has, due to adding a dual pass end plate on my intake.
I just got a regular old T fitting. What you have looks way better

WYGoblin

Was going to use the same coolant I used in the engine but found a case of engine ice I had for my four wheelers. Decided to use that in my intercooler. (Why not lol). Now I can tell the difference if there is a leak somewhere also

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We used Water Wetter and distilled water with a little bit of colorant just for kicks. We have clear hoses and the water is a cool blue, not pink.

"Water Wetter is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30 degrees Fahrenheit. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. "

Tinkles

I'll be doing a custom built flow through "expansion" tank with regular engine coolant and a Water Wetter type additive.