Help me make a decision on a car...

Classy

I am jealous of the room you have! I am not above asking for help, but like we also talked about, not having hands on the project moving it along would be demotivating. I need to have it at my house. I have all my tools here. That being said, the fabrication part of it, I really don’t see taking that long. I just need a real measurements of the LS4/F40 setup and I will go to town on it. I have been asking questions of Jason quite a bit, once it gets to chassis design, I may come back to you because you have such a foot in the racing world. Getting my wife on board with all this may be an interesting task, she wants me to have it, but I don’t think she will like the price tag

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You really seem to have a lot sorted out. I think you can do it, but getting it past the boss, is all on you. :D

I love my hangar. I worked out of a small 2 car garage for 20 years, the extra space is beyond my dreams.

Classy

So jealous... I have a 1.5 garage, the 1 part is pretty wide and deep, plenty of room for a goblin. But I am very jealous... if we ever expand again, I am getting a legit shop

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Sounds like you need to find an airfield neighborhood like me. :cool: Everyone here are gear heads Amd we have space.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Just start your build log already. You sound committed! Lol.

I have a 800 sq ft. garage. Space is nice, but you still end up filling it up with either tools or toys.

GPfan

Still looking? Did you find a donor yet? I found mine. They're asking $1k, but I know I can talk them down. It's tempting. I just don't know where I'm going to store it since my garage is already kind of full. I guess I could make room in my 2.5 car garage and get wheel dollies for the donor.

Do you have pics of your donor?

Classy

I haven’t spent a penny towards anything yet, but I will probably get a beat to crap cobalt, I don’t care if it runs, I just want a manual so I can rob the parts I need. I think $500 would be my top dollar

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I haven’t spent a penny towards anything yet, but I will probably get a beat to crap cobalt, I don’t care if it runs, I just want a manual so I can rob the parts I need. I think $500 would be my top dollar
If you happen to use an insurance auction salvage yard like copart or similar, remember that the fees add up and not every state lets individuals bid on cars so you may have to pay a broker like I did just to bid. A $2500 car turns into $3700 after fees.

Your best bet is following Facebook marketplace/Craigslist especially for non turbo models.

Classy

If you happen to use an insurance auction salvage yard like copart or similar, remember that the fees add up and not every state lets individuals bid on cars so you may have to pay a broker like I did just to bid. A $2500 car turns into $3700 after fees.

Your best bet is following Facebook marketplace/Craigslist especially for non turbo models.
I agree, there are some shady car deals down here in Houston, it shouldn’t be hard, I just need a bill of sale to cover my end of the paperwork

ToxicBill

I bought my donor from copart. The donor itself was about $1200 (07 SS/SC) and it came in just under $2000 including delivery which was $250 Austin to Houston.