Help with donor parts pricing....

AZmoto

I'm starting to sell of the donor parts but I don't know what they are worth. Car is a 2009 Cobalt SS with 67K miles. Exterior and interior are in very good condition.

I have someone who wants to buy the front seats and door panels. What were you able to get for these?

Thanks.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I got 400 for my interior. The car 140k mile car was smoked in and the rear seat bottom was covered in mold. They were just the regular ss seats also, I think you have should be able to get $500 easy for a clean interior.

pisco

I'm starting to sell of the donor parts but I don't know what they are worth. Car is a 2009 Cobalt SS with 67K miles. Exterior and interior are in very good condition.

I have someone who wants to buy the front seats and door panels. What were you able to get for these?

Thanks.
I just looked up what parts go for online or called a local salvage yard to get a quote then marked them down from there to move quickly.

If I had more space to store parts I could have held on to them longer and sold for more $$ but gone is good!?
I let the wheels back bumper and seats go for $800
Doors $400
Trunk lid with spoiler $100
Other smaller parts left so grand total is still tbd

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I found a guy in south Phoenix who owns a small repair shop, wanted everything from the interior including the removed dashboard. He took it all for a little over $400. Your interior is in far better condition and should get more $$$.

AZmoto

So for anyone down the road going through this process, Facebook marketplace is where all of the Cobalt action is. My Craigslist ad netted a couple of guys wanting the catalytic converter. Offer up did a little better but Facebook is going crazy. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the conversations.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So for anyone down the road going through this process, Facebook marketplace is where all of the Cobalt action is. My Craigslist ad netted a couple of guys wanting the catalytic converter. Offer up did a little better but Facebook is going crazy. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the conversations.
Yes I made the mistake of posting parts for sale on FB before I even had the donor off the trailer. I had to shut my phone off by midnight and took the posting down first thing the next morning.

pisco

Can confirm

only contact I got from Craigslist was someone wanting the ratcheting mechanism out of the park brake lever.

Converter has been covered here, I sold mine to nick
LNF 2 piece for 350 I paid $14 shipping.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It's tough for us to assess a worth ... the real answer is, they are worth what someone will pay for them, no more and no less. I got $600 for my entire interior (seats front and back, dash panels, and one door panel), but that only included one door panel. The other was destroyed, plus my driver seat was twisted a bit so wasn't as valuable.

I'd say start at $150 for the pair. You might not get that, but if you're willing to negotiate, you'll get them sold.

pisco

What are the door panels worth? Mine are black and in very good condition.
I sold the whole doors complete to expedite them getting gone.
listed them for $400 and forgot to type “ea.”
Let the guy take them both plus the trunk lid for $500

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
One thing to consider is, it's a localized market. In my neck of the woods, I feel like I was just lucky to get most of the parts gone. There wasn't a whole lot of interest beyond the wheels and the trunk lid/spoiler. That, plus I was motivated to move the stuff. My wife was already pretty mad about a second clunker taking up space in the garage, lol!

AZmoto

As a reference for anyone selling parts in the future, here's what I've been able to sell so far.

Wheels/tires $500
intake pipe$10
bumpers/skirts$200
trunk/sunroof/trim$150
spoiler$100
seats$350
subwoofer$30
visors$10
cats$400
brembos$100
intercooler$40
SS floor mats$30