Here is how I did the cooling tube

Oldchevyguy

As suggested by others, I got a 1 1/4 inch J bend to build the right side cooling hose on my SS/SJ (supercharged). The challenge is to make it fit on the pulled through the frame hose, whose inner diameter is about 1 inch. I ordered some 1 inch tube. Got a 4' piece. Cut off 4 inches and welded it into the curved end. I also ran welding beads on the connection ends, to keep the hose from slipping off. It worked well. Its supported in two places to keep it away from pulleys.
20200117_104137.jpg
20200117_104137.jpg
20200117_104137.jpg
20200117_104152.jpg

It feels good to contribute information instead of asking all kind of questions, as I have been doing. This forum is a great source of information, and you guys are great!

Murcielago311

Looks like a solid setup. I'd like to do mine like this and something similar with the heater hoses that get looped. I don't like the sharpness of the bend currently using the old heater hose.

Oldchevyguy

As suggested by others, I got a 1 1/4 inch J bend to build the right side cooling hose on my SS/SJ (supercharged). The challenge is to make it fit on the pulled through the frame hose, whose inner diameter is about 1 inch. I ordered some 1 inch tube. Got a 4' piece. Cut off 4 inches and welded it into the curved end. I also ran welding beads on the connection ends, to keep the hose from slipping off. It worked well. Its supported in two places to keep it away from pulleys.
View attachment 11285View attachment 11285View attachment 11285View attachment 11286
It feels good to contribute information instead of asking all kind of questions, as I have been doing. This forum is a great source of information, and you guys are great!
I forgot this shot.
20200115_161010.jpg

Oldchevyguy

You got it right, price + shipping was cheaper than amazon for a change.
Usually faster too. I ordered for 3AN stuff from summit for my oil pressure sender. Got one 90 deg fitting, should have got two. Didnt want to pay the $10 handling fee, so I ordered it on ebay friday. Still waiting. They said it would be shipped yesterday, but all they did was print the shipping label. I am ready to start the engine, but need that stupid fitting first! Should have ordered it from summit!

KLMOTORSPORTS

Usually faster too. I ordered for 3AN stuff from summit for my oil pressure sender. Got one 90 deg fitting, should have got two. Didnt want to pay the $10 handling fee, so I ordered it on ebay friday. Still waiting. They said it would be shipped yesterday, but all they did was print the shipping label. I am ready to start the engine, but need that stupid fitting first! Should have ordered it from summit!
Can’t beat Summit for sure...half my car is Summit I believe...lol. I take advantage of the “over $100 ships free” when I can..awesome deal