Hi all. UPDATE Frame #246

95Blitz

New guy here, just bought this click for donor

Would have went with the turbo model but I love the supercharger whine. Going with the STD/city frame with full door bars.
Not sure on to much more just yet. But I have been searching through the threads for a few weeks and would like to say you guys have some great builds..

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Welcome! Your donor mileage is low! Looks really nice! The seats even look good! I too have a 07 SS/SC. Take a picture of the trunk sticker to see if it has a G85 LSD! How much did you pay for it with fees?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That's a perfect car for the build! Of course I kind of partial to the 07 SS/SC. Happy building. Welcome to the forum.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Welcome!

Do I spy another PA Goblin builder?? I'll be curious what path you choose to get registered!

95Blitz

Thanks guys, Just got done reading your build Ark I'm buying taps before I buy stage 2.......

Jeff won the car for 2100 but with fees and shipping it turned into 3600. I'm hoping the sticker is still there.
We will see car should ship out tomorrow, I hope.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm having dejavu with the crunched in left rear corner, there's no fixing that when the whole unibody is tweaked. But another injured Cobalt gets to evolve into a Goblin, and that's a good thing. Welcome to the forum!

95Blitz

I'm having dejavu with the crunched in left rear corner, there's no fixing that when the whole unibody is tweaked. But another injured Cobalt gets to evolve into a Goblin, and that's a good thing. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome. When I first saw the car on Copart I didn't think it was that bad. But the day that bidding went live I saw that the pass rear tire was tipped out on top. A bit of a bummer I wanted to drive it for awhile. Guess I get to buy the kit sooner now.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the welcome. When I first saw the car on Copart I didn't think it was that bad. But the day that bidding went live I saw that the pass rear tire was tipped out on top. A bit of a bummer I wanted to drive it for awhile. Guess I get to buy the kit sooner now.
My Copart 2008 SS/TC. Body was tweaked so badly I had to cut the drivers side door off. But hey, Goblins have no doors! :D

Attachments

95Blitz

Ok so i'm going crazy here. I'm sure at least one of you guys bought a car from Copart and had it shipped by their long haul carrier. How long did it take to get your car? I paid on Jun 10 and it was sent to shipper on the 12th and I still haven't heard from the shipper.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I can't help you with Copart as I did not get either of my donors from them, but, my advice is to pursue whoever you contracted with. I do not know how Copart does it; did they contract with the shipper to get your purchase to you, or did you have to arrange the shipping and contract, yourself? The shipper will likely ONLY engage with their customer, ie, whoever signed a contract with them. If that was you, great ... but if it was Copart, you're going to have to go after them, rather than the shipper. Just a thought.

Motoracer110

Welcome! You are in for a treat with the build it’s very fun. I bought my car from the other big auction site and I think the car had to be shipped within a week before they charge storage fees so I had mine from az to Colorado within a week. I remember within 5 min of putting my info on a shipping site my phone blew up for 3-4 days with calls texts and emails of companies wanting me to use them for shipping. I always thought what a mean joke you could play on your friends using their cellphone and email :cool:

You should definitely track down that shipping company and get an eta

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Bought my donor through Copart and had it shipped through a 3rd party contractor. Got it in 2 days after the auction - El Paso to Phoenix. If you haven't received your car yet, you need to contact Copart and ask them what they did with your car, who has it and when you will have it delivered. If they bounce you around the shipper needs to be asked the same questions and what their delivery contract says about delivery delays. You may need to seek legal council, something doesn't smell right with this one.

95Blitz

I ended up calling Copart today, they gave the name and number of the long haul shipper they use. I called those folks the guy was kind of a jerk to start with but when he saw the shipping order was sent to them on the 10th he changed his tone. He said he would expedite the pick up. But now it's the 4th so I'm guessing it might be picked up on Monday the 6th. So hoping for midweek delivery next week.

Anks329

Doesn't copart charge storage fees once you're past a certain number of days and the car hasn't been picked up? Make sure the shipper doesn't try to charge you extra when they bring the car for delivery!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If the car is still sitting at Copart, there will be a storage fee for sitting on their lot for that long. That is the shippers cost now, since they are the ones who screwed this delivery up. Check the contract as there may be a penalty clause that would get you some extra money back. Don't be afraid to tell them you will talk to legal council if they try to push the storage fee of onto you.

95Blitz

Copart set all of this up. When I called them on the 15th, I asked about the storage fees the lady said there would be no fees because they set up the shipping. I will hold them to that.. Yeah no way i'm paying those fees after waiting this long for the car.