Holley Digital Dash

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Wanted to share something that I plan to use during my build or upgrade to after. It’s a Holley Digital Dash, I installed one on my Camaro during the LS3 swap and really like it. It is completely customizable, displaying any type of gauge you want to monitor.

So a question I have is what is the dimensions of mounting brackets hardware points that come on the Goblin?

Here is a link that explains its features.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
It was plug and play on the one that I put in the Camaro via a CAN Bus connector.
I think for the Goblin it will require their standalone model that they indicate will work on any engine.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
It was plug and play on the one that I put in the Camaro via a CAN Bus connector.
I think for the Goblin it will require their standalone model that they indicate will work on any engine.
Don’t forget I’m your most favorite neighbor so you will have to show me how to do it ; I like that !

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Yes I’m getting my remote tune done next week, So I want be worried about running it lean be able to ride over that way

Peregrinus

Are you sure it'll work? When I originally looked at them Before deciding to get the aim dash, I don't think it was compatible. The aim dash however is plug and play, And about the same price. It may have just been the earlier cobalts the holley wouldn't work with? I can't remember. It was a few months ago when I looked. Maybe they updated something.

If it works now I might change my plan, I would love to get the 12" one. Lol

Edit:
I can't find anything saying it won't work, I definitely like the 12" holley dash over the AiM dash 7" size.

Maybe it was just the price that originally threw me off, $1999 for the 12.3" is steep.

Definitely post if you get one and get it working.

Last edited:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I can not be positive, but will be doing some research and asking questions on their forum. Will post back anytime I learn.

ATMironov

Any thoughts on the offering from Powertune Digital out of Australia? Says it's compatible with all GM vehicles after 2006.

That price is great.
it seems like it has the same basic functions as the AIM dashes.
it doesn’t list the cobalt motor codes in the supported list, but it does say al GM.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I scoured the internet for days, looking for some sort of compatible digital dash. The AIM was all I could find that truly guaranteed compatibility for the Cobalt. I know there are some particulars with non-generic CAN PID/data protocols (especially GM) when using a factory ECM that are very proprietary/model specific, thus a specific list of model/year compatibility included with the AIM (you can find that list on their website).

What generic or proprietary data does the Cobalt use between the 5 different ECM’s? What is actually on the list of “generic” data? I know theres an actual list somewhere. Is the generic data adequate enough to warrant the price of the dash? Perhaps you will get water temp, MAF, KR & fuel level, but no boost or IAT2 data. When they say “compatible with”, I would call the company and ask them specifically what data is included. So far, Aeroforce seems to have most of the data figured out and with zero CAN bus interference. Too bad they don’t have a dash panel.

I spoke to a few of the AIM techs and there are some small issues with the AIM / GM Cobalt SS CAN bus that they are not even willing to revisit.

The fact that these Cobalts are already over 10 year old cars means there is likely little chance of motivation for aftermarket support anymore.

I also know its a HUGE rabbit hole and massive learning curve to jump into, thus the reason these displays are so expensive.

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Would another option to be a micro single board windows PC with HP tuners sent to a 9" or so LCD panel. Could make a custom 3d printed enclosure for the lcd screen. Then you can run the HP tuners digital dash on it?

Just a thought
Nuker-

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Would another option to be a micro single board windows PC with HP tuners sent to a 9" or so LCD panel. Could make a custom 3d printed enclosure for the lcd screen. Then you can run the HP tuners digital dash on it?

Just a thought
Nuker-
It's been a while since I've looked into this but I have the original MPVI and they had issues back in the day with frying the interface with the Windows machine connected (eventually) to the chassis/battery ground. That's what steered me away from that setup in another car I was working on. I guess that's not an issue with the MPVI2 though?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
HPT still has it posted to not power the laptop off the car voltage. This maybe old info though. You would think it would have been a pretty easy fix when they made the new interface.

Last edited: